25: Detrimental Vows

Start from the beginning

She slowly walked down the aisle and every step she took tore a bit of my heart but still she was so beautiful. She looked at the guest at the wedding and smiled all the way until she finally saw me and her smile faltered for a moment. Then she steeled her nerves and gave me a genuine smile.

A smile telling me, "Thank you for everything."

Then there was Eunwoo, lovingly staring at her. Clearly ready to call her his wife.

If circumstances were different, I would have whisked her away from this wedding because I knew she was mine but the circimstances aren't different

The circumstances were simple. I messed up. I meddled too much and forced her hand and now I begrudgingly watched as her witch of a mother gave her away to Eunwoo. Well her mother looked unhappy because it was clear that Haewon was in charge now, the company and the money is under Haewon's control.

I felt a hand squeeze my arm lightly and I saw Lisa with a worried look on her eyes. I looked at her hand and there on her ring finger shone a diamond ring.

Then I remembered how my hand was forced too.

As soon as my parents caught a whiff of the fact that the Kyong Laboratories had a new CEO and completely established a partnership with the Cha family, my parents forced me to get engaged with Lisa.

Lisa was overjoyed and my parents forced me to make ths engagement out of my own feelings rather than a business proposal. This way her parents wouldn't doubt my intentions with their daughter and would be more than happy to support our company.

Then I heard the words that I dreaded to hear.

The marriage officiant then said, "From this place, a beautiful beach decorated beautifully with tulle, lace, and flowers, we take ourselves out of the routines of our daily living to witness a unique moment in the lives of Eunwoo and Haewon."

He then continued to say, "Today they join their lives in the union of marriage."

My whole body stiffened as I watch Haewon find reassurance in Eunwoo. It was clear that this whole ceremony made her nervous. Who she was just didn't fit what this wedding was for.

Yet Eunwoo took her hands in his and subtly soothed them with his thumbs and gave her a reassuring smile to which he smiled back.

"To all their guests, they are happy to share this moment with you. They have known most of you for many years. You watched them grow up, you went to school with them, or you worked with them. Because you are the ones who have supported them and known them so well, it is only fitting that you are the ones to share this once-in-a-lifetime moment with them," the officiant continued.