"Hey, baby, I'm right here." Dean soothes gently and calmly, running his thumb over her forehead. "I need you to open your eyes, okay? Baby, open your eyes." 

Dakota groans again and her eyes flutter, she barely sees Dean's outline in front of her. She keeps trying until she finally can keep them open. She squints at the light and whimpers, her hand going to her head.

"Dad?" She murmurs out in confusion, she looks around and her eyes widen in panic as the car crash flood back.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, it's okay." Dean says quietly when he notices her panic.

"What happened? What happened?" She quickly asks, trying to sit up but pain explodes in her head. 

"Easy, tiger, easy." He helps her, placing a hand on the back of her head and helping her sit up. 

She blinks a couple of times as the pain starts to drift away, she sighs in relief and looks up at him. 

"Is everyone okay? Are you okay?" She questions him, placing a hand on his shoulder. 

"Hey, calm down. I'm okay, everyone's fine." He assures her, grabbing her hand gently. "Let's get your head check out, all right?" 

She nods and he gently pulls her out of the Impala. He brings her towards the trunk and lifts her so she's sitting on the car. Mary sits in the back seat of the car, the door open while she has her legs out, staring at her hands in her lap.

"Sit tight, okay? I'll be right back." Dean says.

"Dad-"

"I'll be right back." He repeats gently, squeezing her hand.

 He helps Cas push the woman's vehicle in the brush, the body sitting in the driver's seat. Cas starts to cover the car with branches and leaves while Dean walks back over to his daughter. 

"See? Told ya I'd be right back." He smiles at Dakota, she gives him a tiny grin in return. 

Dean takes her face in his hands, cradling it and moving it gently side to side.

"I'm okay." She says, it sounds muffled due to Dean squishing her cheeks together slightly.

"Anything hurt? You're head? How many fingers and I holding up?" He questions, taking away a hand and holding up three fingers.

"Three. I'm okay, dad." She answers, grabbing his hand from the air. "I'm fine, I'm okay." She reassures him. "Nothin' hurts anymore."  

"You sure?" He wants to make sure. She chuckles and nods, patting his cheek gently before pushing it away from her. He laughs in return as she sticks her tongue out at him. They give each other grins before Dean walks over towards Mary, who's behind the driver's side.

"Found her cellphone in the car." He says, crouching in front of and knocking her from her thoughts. "Last phone call was made from Aldrich, Missouri. We're guessing Sam's probably around there." 

"Good." Mary nods her head, looking over at her son. "That's great." 

"You okay?" He asks her. A train horn blows in the distances and Dakota yelps in shock. Dean's head whips towards the sound but relaxes visibly when he notices she's okay.

"No." Mary answers, bringing his attention back towards her. "I'm sorry. I just...I spent my life running from this, from hunting. And I got out. I never wanted this for you and Sam."

Dean looks away, her words effecting him physically. "Mom, I-I get it. I do. I didn't-I don't-want Dakota in this. But Sam and me...saving people and hunting things this is our life. It's Dakota's life too, despite how I feel about it. I think we make the world a better place. I know that we do."

Silence hangs in the air after his words, Mary thinking over them as she looks over at Dakota was talking to Cas a couple feet from the Impala. Occasionally the pair would laugh, Dakota shoves Castiel jokingly. He reaches out and ruffles her hair, Dean smiles at them, enjoying hearing his daughter laugh carefree. 

"C'mon, let's go find Sam." Dean calls out, standing up and waving Dakota and Cas over. Dakota pushes Cas again with a wide grin before rushing towards the Impala.

"Beat ya." She cheers, getting into the front seat while Cas laughs and goes into the back behind her. 

Mary and Dean both get in, Dean laughing at his daughter's silliness. He ruffles Dakota hair before starting the Impala and driving away.

Once it gets dark, the cold air starts blowing into the Impala from the shattered window

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Once it gets dark, the cold air starts blowing into the Impala from the shattered window. Dakota's asleep on Dean's shoulder with his coat around her. Cas was sitting beside Dakota in the passenger seat, having moved up when they stopped for gas. Dakota didn't mind him up there, she just wanted to stay by Dean. The feeling of losing him still fresh in her mind, she didn't want to leave his side. 

Dean looks over his shoulder at Mary in the backseat, she was staring out the window deep in though, he opens his mouth to say something. He finds quickly that he has no words, he tries to speak again but sighs and gives up, facing forward and pressing a kiss to Dakota's head. 

She shifts closer to him, wrapping her arms around his arm. He chuckles quietly, she's always been clingy in her sleep. Castiel looks over at the sound of Dean's laughter, Dean nods down to Dakota who's cuddling into him more. 

"Sammy." Dakota mumbles in her sleep, Dean's eyes close briefly and he sighs. He knew that Dakota felt guilty about Sam being captured, and she's not going to forgive herself until she sees Sam. Dakota missed Sam, she just wanted him back. 

"Me too, Kota." Dean whispers quietly, leaning his head against hers as he drives. "Me too."