Cherry Flavoured Fate

Start from the beginning

"Cherry?" I said. She smiled.

"It's your choice so pick whichever one you like. If you definitely want Cherry then it'll be your name for the next six months," she replied. I thought hard. Cherry, or Lucky? 

I decided on Cherry since I loved cherries anyway. I kept the name Lucky in my head in case I wanted a change. The journey went on for an hour or so, with me answering questions asked by Olivia, Catherine and Mike. I could've sworn Austin was in a different world or something because he showed no expression at all.

"We're here!" Mike said, turning the car into a drive. In front of me I saw a beautiful detatched cottage with ivy on the walls. The garden was cool too, with a fountain and lots of flowers. There were two maple trees and an apple tree. The actual house wasn't that big but the front and back gardens were huge! I got out of the car and made for my luggage but Catherine stopped me.

"Austin, be a gentleman and get Hye- sorry- Cherry's suitcase.” He slouched over to the car boot and heaved my suitcase out.

“I see you like Lee Hongki then?” he asked. I blushed.

“Yeah, I do. I really look up to him, plus he’s pretty good looking.”

“I see.”

We went into the house and Olivia showed me to my new room. My breath was taken away by it – literally! It was pretty big and had a double bed. The wardrobe doors were mirrors and slid across. There was a balcony attached and a desk with stationary already in the drawers. Above the bed was a long shelf, which I supposed was either for photographs or books. I was surprised to see there was an en suite as well, which had a big round bathtub in it. There was also a shower, along with the toilet and sink. I went back into the actual bedroom and Austin had already dumped my suitcase on the wooden floor. I unzipped it and let Olivia help me unpack, which was what she wanted to do.

“Where should I put this?” she asked, holding up my Whole Hauss hoodie.

“In the… the… wardrobe!” I managed. She beamed before running over to it and hanging it up. Meanwhile I tucked the four pairs of shoes I brought with me. My Adidas winged trainers, coral high heels from Jimmy Choo, Ugg boots, and polka dot peep toe wedges.  In Korea I had about thirty pairs of shoes and half of them were high heels. Well I was a serious shopaholic!

Olivia finished tidying my things and went downstairs. I finished up too and went down. I didn’t bring many clothes to England because according to mum there were lots of amazing English clothing shops, so I only brought a few pair of jeans, a couple of t-shirts, two skirts from Angelic Pretty (which were shipped over from Japan), a winter coat and some thin dresses.

“Ah, Cherry, do you want anything to eat? You were on the plane for eleven hours, and I’m sure you didn’t like the plane food!” Caroline said. I was pretty hungry actually.

“Mm, yes that would be nice!” I replied. She patted my shoulder before showing me to the kitchen. She made me some chips, which I happily munched on.

“Take them to your room, don’t you want to contact your parents?”

“Oh, yes,” I said, going up the stairs. I had changed the sim in my iPhone already so I called them even though I knew it would cost a lot.

“Oma, are you there?”

“Aigoo, Hye Yeong! Where have you been? You should have called earlier! Aish, chin cha! Do you know how worried me and your father was?” mum said.

“Sorry… I didn’t really have time…”

“Anyway, how is England so far?”

“Yeah, it’s okay. I’ve tidied everything away, I’m just waiting for someone to show me around!”

“Ah. Have you spoken any English?”

“In fact I have! I think I’m already improving!”

“Ha, no way. Do you want to speak to your father?”

“Mm, okay.”

“Hye Yeong? Hello! How are you doing?”

“Ah-bu-ji! I’m fine!”

“Oh. Have fun, okay? Aish I need a number two… Aigoo…”

“Ahbuji! Fine, fine, I’ll call later, okay?”

“Mm. Bye!”

I hung up. That father of mine… I have no idea why my mum married him. I threw the phone on my bed and got out my Mac book air. I was just about to take some pictures on Photo Booth when Austin came in.

“Hey. Is it okay if I call you Hye Yeong? It’s just I’m not fond of the name Cherry.”

“Of course!” I replied.

“Do you want me to show you around?”

“Okay!” We went out and he showed me his parent’s room, his own room (which was so tidy!), Olivia’s room (which was pretty much a pink fairy land), the living room, drawing room, kitchen, dining room and of course the garden.

Olivia was right, they had a rabbit. Austin got it out and let me hold it. It was really soft and cute! There were loads of fruit trees, including a cherry one. I saw one and picked it. Austin took it from my fingers and placed it in my mouth. I looked up at him, who told me to bite it. When I didn’t, he laughed.

“Hye Yeong, you’re cute! Do you understand me?”

“Yes,” I said. He simply smiled. Did he just say I was cute? No, I must have been dreaming.

~~~

Hello! This is my first story, thanks for reading! This is dedicated to senserstarshine for her awesomeness xxx