5

"......let's go"

Once we were all set to go, they had escorted us to the ships they were using to get us off planet

The last few days Oryn would look at me as soon as I was near him but not once did he look my way when we reach the ship

I look over at Laura who had a questioning look on her face as I had frowned in her direction. Shaking my head I smile at Axel and thank him before taking a seat.

My palms are sweaty and my fingers begin to twitch. I wanted to fly the ship off planet, I had been flying their ships all morning before firing weapons but this ship is made for space travel and I am itching to try it

I turn my head to the windows before I feel a warm presence sit beside me. I know who it is before I turn my head back. We haven't been this close since the early hours of this morning and being near him ignites feelings I haven't felt for a long time

"Does Axel have a thing for my lead scientist?" I ask with a smirk on my face. Looking at Oryn he has a smile on his face

"You could say he is intrigued with her as I am with you" I blush turning back out the windows as we take off "I'm a bit taken aback that you want to stay off planet"

"We've been in space for nearly 2 years, it is normal to us. Not that I don't miss a spacious room and normal things, it just takes some time to get use to" He nods his head "If you both feel like it, you could stay with us" He smiles at me and that's when I feel his hand takes mine in his. Why was I just putting it out there like that? You could just stay with us?

"If you didn't allow it we were going to stay on this ship" His thumb rubs over the outside of my hand "There are other species out there that covet our resources so we want to protect our sister race" The warmth spreading through my body by his gestures brings back memories, memories I cherish. I can't wait to show him my life back on Earth.

It doesn't take us long to reach our ship, I gasp at the positioning of the other ships around ours "Like I said, it's protection from other beings" He says looking out the window "We have a sensor system that let's us know if other crafts appear in our system so we've known about you days before your arrival" My eyes widen but I shouldn't be surprised at all, this humanoid species is far more advance than mine "You can send your messages then show me around if you like"

"Thank you for this" I tell him "I was going to go on my own but something tells me you wouldn't allow that"

"You are right in that assumption" he smiles as we finally reach the ship. I move from my seat to the entrance way to activate my code and disarm any alarms that will set off from the foreign craft that has attached itself.

I look back to Oryn, Axel and his small team to watch their eyes widen at the interior of the ship. It isn't advanced compared to their crafts but it is advanced for my species

Each of my team rush off to their stations and rooms while I walk straight to my room with Oryn following behind me. I look behind him to see Axel following Laura. I smirk her way as she pokes her tongue out at me and puts a thumbs up in Oryns direction. I shake my head and gesture him to walk in.

He looks too big for my space but it is enough space for me. Enough space to have a desk, a lounge area, bed, storage and bathroom. I watch him take his time walking around my space, touching photos and random things.

"Is this them?" He asks. I look over and smiling seeing my two boys smiling back at us

"Yeah that's them" I smile walking over to stare at the photo he has in his hands "Would you like to see more?" I ask looking at him now, he was looking at me with adoration, looking at me in a way I couldn't quite figure out "Laura and I couldn't quite save our families when the disaster hit but I managed to save a few photos, a couple of Blakes's tshirts and my boys teddy bear" I say pointing over to the bed "My son's name is Coby" He smiles at the photo before turning back to me "I want to show you more things so you can understand why I am hesitant on whatever this is between us"