Challenge Day 3

Day 3 - post about how you came out/  how you plan to come out

Well I can wait to my friends first, after about a year of figuring out I was bisexual. I can't really remember how I came out it was a while ago.
Then I had a conversation with my Dad where I basically said "Girls are too hot to be straight, but guys are too hot to be gay. " so I never explitly said I was bisexual but I implied it. Around the time of same sex marriage being legalised (in Australia) I joked to my mom about one of my friends can get married now. The day after she called me down to her room to talk about that. And she was asking about if my friend was actually gay and whatever but it came out kinda homophobic. I got upset and just burst out with "well I am! " and she have yelled at me "are what?!  How can you know?!  Come back and talk to me! " sorta thing cuz I just ran off crying to my room and refused to talk to her. It was almost a month or two or a few I can't remember when I tried again. As a family, we went on about a four hour hike. After three hours of psyching myself up I stayed up the back with Mom and we had a proper hour long conversation about it while we walked and this time she was much more understanding. My parents and I still have "conversations" about my sexuality and that sort of stuff but they accept me so it's okay. At first my mom told me that she didn't want me to tell my brother and sister because she didn't want them to think it was normal. It was probably a good year later that I wanted to tell them so that I didn't have to hide myself from them and so I had a reason to tell them off whenever they said something homophobic that they had heard at school. My friends said that I should tell them so I brought up the topic with mom and dad separately. Dad first, didn't think much wrong with it and then mom said I could. After a month I came out to them whilst us three were playing a board game and someone said something about both and I made a joke about it and then waited to see if they figured it out. My brother who is the youngest and only about 9 or 8 at the time was confused but my sister (11 at the time) was starting to figure it out and asked me if I was...  But she wouldn't say the word. I took them off into a different room, cuz I can't remember actually if I had asked my parents properly yet or if I did it after, and told them I was bisexual and they both kinda just went okay and then we continued to play our game.

So that's the first people I came out to.

Question of the day: what is your favourite picture that you own? Describe it.