Chapter 25 (edited)

Copyrights 2012 © Elena Sgro

All Rights Reserved

This chapter was edited by the beautiful @smiling_meerkat

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 25:

"Your parents are the descendent of a powerful family, you Selena, are a descendant of the most powerful vampire family in Rome. Selena you are also the key to killing off Luca" said Xavier. His voice was low and steady, he spoke carefully so that he wouldn't freak me out. My jaw dropped and my heart rate quickened.

Xavier and his parents had already explained the vampire thing to my parents and they had started to except it. They didn't like it at the start and my dad was furious when Xavier said that I was his mate, but he was slowly getting over it.

My dad now realized that he would rather me be with someone who treated me right for life then go out with different guys and get hurt by them. But the words that had just come out of Xavier's mouth were the bombshell.

I was the key to killing Luca, that was why he wanted me dead. It seemed understandable that he would want to kill off the very things that threatened his existence. What I couldn't understand was how I was the weapon that could kill him. What was so special about me? I was a no one, a normal teenager girl with a good amount of friends, a great best-friend and wonderful parents, and now in only a matter of a few months I had gotten a boyfriend, found out he and his is family were vampires and that I was his mate, fallen in love, been attacked and now I was a weapon to destroy Xavier's brother!?! This was all too much.

"I'm what?!" I stammered. Xavier turned to me slowly and knelt in front of me.

"Wait, just hold on for one minute" croaked my dad. "We had heard stories about being descendent's of a powerful Italian family that were vampire but I would have never believed it, till now"

"Why me?" I whispered. I tried to talk properly but I couldn't mange it.

"We don't know Selena" said Xavier.

I suddenly found it hard to breathe. I gripped his hand tightly and gasped for air. I could feel that I was going to go under. No this was so not happening, I was going to black out.

"Claus get some water she's going to faint" rushed Maria.

I felt my eyes start to roll in to the back my head, I was dizzy now and I felt like I was on a really rocky boat. I felt Xavier hand cup my face and I fought to stay awake. He looked deeply into my eyes.

"Baby relax, just breathe" he cooed.

I tried to do as I was told. When I wasn't getting anywhere, a glass of water was shoved in my face. Xavier grabbed it and slowly brought it to my lips. The water touched my lips and I opened then slightly letting the water sneak in.

I clasped the glass and tilted it needing more water. I didn't feel dizzy and my heart rate slowed down. Xavier pulled the water away and after swallowing the last bit I started to breathe easily. Xavier smooth my hair and tucked a few strands behind my ear before he kissed my forehead.

"What happened?" I asked my voice shaky.

"You were having a bit of a panic attack babe" Xavier said softly again my forehead.

I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close. I had never had a panic attack before and I didn't like the feeling.

I felt tears build up in my eyes. I didn't wan to cry, I now hated crying in front of Xavier, I didn't want him to think that I was weak but I couldn't help it, this was all just too much my brain felt like mush and was so slow.