➽19. Scream it all Out

Quinn crumpled a piece of paper, tossing it to the side as she tried to draw Chelsea to pass time

Quinn crumpled a piece of paper, tossing it to the side as she tried to draw Chelsea to pass time. She'd already drawn a rough sketch of Helia.

None of them wanted to tell her she was not skilled in the art department in fear they'd get their heads cut off.

She had been informed by one of her guards that Sam had distracted the VKs long enough for the pirates to get into a position where it would be impossible for the King not to be captured.

She'd been ecstatic. She was so much closer to getting Maddie chained at her feet. To get her king awaited revenge.

Six months was a long time after all.

She'd thought and thought of ways to get back her but none seemed fit enough for her betrayal. Quinn was angry. Very angry. Her blood boiled at the mention of Maddie's name.

But she had to stay level headed or she'd do something that would let Maddie slip out of her clutches.

She had to break Maddie more than she was. She had to play Maddie's cards against her.

She was going to win. She was sure if it.

Maddie would be wishing she had never crossed her.

Quinn muttered to herself once more, trying to collect her thoughts and push Maddie to the back of her mind until she arrived. But it was hard to do. Her mind kept drifting back to Maddie. Her mind kept making excuses for Maddie. Her mind also plotted ways to end Maddie. But she didn't know which path she was to follow.

If Maddie hadn't had another choice but to turn on her, she was to forgive her.

Quinn gagged slightly at the thought.

These thoughts weren't hers. She'd never wanted anything but bad things to happen to Maddie and if it had taken six months for her to tumble off her little throne so be it.

Maddie would wish she never crossed her again. Killing her wasn't an option at the moment. She had to have a good reason to do so. Besides it would ruin the fun. She wouldn't see Maddie suffer anymore. It would make it pointless.

Quinn glanced around the room, watching her friends who watched her, each with expressions of confusion as to what she was saying. She sighed in frustration and promptly began screaming.

Her friends shared looks of concern, but said nothing because it wouldn't be heard over her incoherent mumbling and screeching.

Quinn started hyperventilating, taking in deep breaths as she tried to catch her breath. Chelsea walked over, patting her on the back.

"It's okay." Chelsea said. "Scream it all out."

"Yeah Quinn." Helia said. "Everything will be fine. Don't overthink it. All things will go to plan. You'll get Maddie. You'll torture Maddie. Get Fairy Godmother's wand. Open the barrier. It'll all work out."

"Don't stress yourself out over nothing." Hanna said. "Take deep breaths. Count to ten."

Quinn took their advice trying to catch her breath as she counted to ten. She closed her eyes, calming herself down.

"Thanks." Quinn mumbled, picking up her sketch pad and holding up her drawing of Chelsea. "What do you think?"

"Not too bad." Hanna said.

"Oh really?" Quinn said. "This looks terrible. You don't have to spare my feelings. I don't need you to. I'm perfectly content on getting constructive criticism and honesty from you people."

Helia got a gleam in her eyes, that Quinn quickly shot her down for.

"Not from you Hel." Quinn said. "You'd insult me to oblivion. I don't need that in my life. You'd point out all my flaws, which are many. I'm not denying it. If you say your not flawed, you haven't looked in the mirror correctly."

"Thank you Professor Hearts." Helia said as she mocked writing on a desk. "Continue with your lesson that I'm so interested in."

"I'll stop." Quinn said. "You don't have to act so rudely about it. I would've stopped if you asked nicely."

"No you wouldn't have." Hanna said. "We all know that. Now what were we talking about in the first place? This conversation seems to have strayed."

"Into a rabbit hole." Chelsea said.

"Thank you Chels." Hanna said. "Your analogies are always needed."

"I don't like the sarcasm in your tone." Chelsea said. "I didn't take you for one who insults others. I'm hurt Hanna."

"I'm not insulting you." Hanna said. "I'm not being sarcastic either."

"Oh really?" Chelsea asked. "I'm so used to sarcasm from Helia and Quinn, I thought you'd be the same."

"Hello!" Heather said. "Honey I'm home!"

"Shut up Heather." Quinn said. "Stop making fun of me."

"I don't think she meant to be insulting." HJ said. "She's just thing Heather."

"Well I don't appreciate her attitude." Quinn said. "Sit down You two. Join the party."

"Actually I'm just dropping Heather off." HJ said. "I'm not planning on staying with you people."

"Rude." Quinn said. "I don't remember doing anything to you. But go ahead. I don't want to see your face now."

HJ rolled his eyes, heading out the door and earning a farewell from the Queen of Hearts herself.

"How come I don't get a goodbye form her when I leave?" Chelsea asked.

"Because you never actually leave." Hanna said. "I don't get a goodbye either and I'm not complaining."

"Actually I don't think she acknowledges any of us when we're here." Heather said. "It's not fair she acknowledges Hecky."

"Your brother is something else." Helia said. "Not in a bad way. Don't take offense."

"I'm not offended." Heather said. "But you know who else she acknowledges when she comes here?"

"You mean Sam right." Helia said. "Everyone acknowledges Sam, she's hard to ignore. It's hard to hate her. She had an infectious personality. If she's happy your happy. If she's mad your mad."

"True. Not that she'll ever come here again after my mom almost cut her head off." Quinn said. "I'm still fighting with you Heath. Your my new victim."

"Lovely." Heather said. "I totally need that."

"What's with all of you being sarcastic?" Quinn asked. "I'm not that bad am I?"

Her friends shared a look as she tossed her pillows at them.