Chapter 23: Revelations

Start from the beginning

"What the hell..." she muttered under her breath.

Blake seemed delighted by her expression and winked at her, "See you 'round, gorgeous."

She watched the back of him walk away and into the Ferrari garage a little further down the pit lane. Totally confused, she looked back into her own garage, noticing the electricians were finished. She walked back inside quickly.

"Jake?"

"Case," he replied from the other side of the car.

"Remember that guy from the rooftop in Spain? Blake or whatever it was."

"Yeah, a right pest. What about him?"

Casey stood next to her tyre and looked at him in bewilderment, "He's from Ferrari. He just gloated his way down the pit lane..."

Jacob looked up at her in surprise, "Really?"

"What the fuck, right?" she replied.

---

Seb and Kimi had stopped talking to listen in to their exchange. Kimi snickered and looked back at Seb.

"That girl is a popular topic in our garage," he mumbled quietly.

Seb raised an eyebrow, "Who, Case? Really?"

"Not everyday they see a woman in a pit crew suit. They act like she's a new species," he smirked.

Seb watched Casey and Jacob, who were now discussing theories on Blake as they worked.

"There's rumours too... involving you. Anything they're saying true?" Kimi asked after a moment, a small smile creeping across his face.

"Since when do you listen to the rumours?" Seb laughed.

"I'm not deaf," Kimi replied slyly, "Well?"

"You're seriously asking me if I'm seeing her?" Seb asked, a wry smile on his face. It wasn't really like Kimi to ask personal questions.

Kimi shrugged, "Yes."

Seb was quiet for a second, returning his eyes to the car.

"Okay, true," he murmured, a grin spreading across his face.

Kimi burst into rare, genuine laughter. Half the garage turned to the source of the noise in surprise.

Over her shoulder, Casey looked between the two driver's suspiciously, wondering what was so funny. She caught Seb looking back at her and raised an eyebrow. He shook his head subtly and looked away.

"So, how's Minttu?" Seb asked, changing the topic.

"Pregnant," Kimi replied bluntly.

Seb gaped at him, bemused by his casual admission, "Wow, congratulations."

The Finn grinned, "Thanks. I should get back."

"We should do something one night," Seb suggested.

Kimi chuckled and nodded, "Send me a message whenever."

With that, he casually strode back out of the Red Bull garage.

---

Casey rolled her eyes as she stood up, wiping her brow as she watched the backs of Jacob and Evan leave the garage together to have lunch. She didn't blame them for forgetting her really, she knew they would be pretty distracted with each other right now. With a sigh, she pulled off her gloves and threw them on the bench before darting towards the back of the garage to catch up with them.