Day 3

Asahi yawned as he trudged to his last class. He thought back to practice the day before and blushed. He hoped Noya or anyone else hadn't noticed how overly flustered he was. He then began to think of practice again and started to get tired. At least this class was with Daichi and Suga. Maybe he could talk to them. They'd understand. 

He sat in his assigned spot and sighed. He hoped their teacher wouldn't give them a hard assignment that day. 

"Welcome class. I trust you had a good day!" She smiled warmly. "Today I want you to get into partners." 

"Asahi! Be my partner!" An enthusiastic Noya exclaimed through the classroom door. 

"N-Noya please go back to your classroom." Asahi stuttered and put his hands over his face to hide his blush. 

Daichi and Suga snickered from across the classroom. 

Asahi scooted over to Daichi and Suga who had already decided to be partners. They had an odd number of people in their class and he was sure the teacher wouldn't pay any attention to them because they weren't having as much trouble in this class. 

"Asahi! Ready for practice today?" Suga asked warmly with a big smile. 

"Yes, but I really don't think I'm ready to face Noya again. His upbeat actions are really intimidating... and he seems to be more energetic than ever lately." He said quietly. 

Daichi laughed. "You, intimidated by Noya? What's new?" 

Suga slapped his shoulder with a hard slap. Asashi made a small whining noise and started to rub his shoulder. "C'mon Asahi, it should be the other way around! And if you're really that bothered, just tell him." 

"Ah, I-I guess." 

"Asahi! Please start the assignment and stop talking to Sugawara and Daichi!" 

"S-sorry Miss! I'll start r-right away!"

Suga and Daichi smiled. "We'll see you later!" Suga waved and gave a small smile. 

Suga whispered to Daichi. "I'm glad we talked to Noya earlier. We really riled him up so he'll be really excited to talk to Asahi today." 

Daichi laughed. "We'll just have to see how it plays out now."

***

The practice came along, and Noya bounced around Asahi the entire time. 

"Can we hang out after school too Asahi?" Noya asked with sparkling eyes. 

"Ah, are you sure Noya? What would we even do? I'm not that good at planning activities and...and..."

Noya's mouth opened and gave a typical robust Noya laugh. "Don't you worry, I've got lots of fun places we can go!"

"O-oh, okay. Sounds fun."

Noya smiled without his teeth. A genuine fulfilled smile. Asahi almost fainted. 

"Okay, I'll see you later!" He called. 

***

Practice ended, and Noya led Asahi outside to a small cafe near the school.

"O-oh wow Noya. I didn't even know we had this here!" 

"I know right! Ryu and I were racing and we came to this place! It's got some pretty good food, and he told me that the girls that work there are pretty, but none of them actually catch my attention." He said the last part shyly. 

Asahi was relieved to hear those words for some reason.

Daichi and Suga (having nothing better to do) slyly walked behind them to observe. They had to make sure that nothing screwed up their date. (Daichi had laughed when Suga called it that, but he insisted because Noya was, after all, taking Asahi to a CAFE)