Six (Snippet)

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hey guys... I know that it's been a very long time since I last posted. A lot of things happened and I probably thought that I wouldn't continue with the book. I'm still really not sure because of lack of time and some other personal reasons. Nonetheless, a part of me feels that I should complete it for some of you who might be hoping to know the story further. I also feel that I'm being slightly over optimistic as I don't know if anyone is actually even going to read this after such a long time. This chapter isn't complete and thus I've titled it as snippet. I really need reviews from anybody who is reading this to know if I should continue with the book or not. This update is going to be like a deciding point for me and with the response that I get I'll either take the book off or just leave it as it is on my profile.

So I really need you guys to vote, comment or even message me personally of what you think I should do. There's really no harm in being honest and any sort of criticism is accepted. I'll obviously appreciate if I get a number of reads but I need feedback more than anything. Thanks for taking out your time for reading this. 

Six

Like Micah promised his friend we were in our school campus in five minutes... Soon his friends approached him looking really excited for what was to come next. Noah didn't take a minute to get into the conversation... Being on the team and knowing Micah made it easy for him to get along with them.

All the guys were my friends too but at the moment I didn't feel like talking to them, not like they were interested in acknowledging my presence either. I don't understand what these bets bring to them... I feel disgusted by their attitude.

I tried to ignore the irritation and head into our main building... Being the seniors our lectures were held in the oldest building of our school. Our school Vandermeer High was set up by a Greek lady who moved into our town years back. Van der Meer is a Dutch location surname, which means "from the lake". Since then the school has been handled by their family. Even though our school is a little too old, it has been maintained quite well. The olden vintage feel of the Greek culture yet settles around the campus.

I walked towards my locker while smiling at people and saying a quick high to a few friends. Our school doesn't have any stereotypes, everyone knows everyone and there are no cliché drama Queens or player boys or even typical nerds for that matter. Everyone respects everyone's choice of however they want to live. Except there's just one problem, there are few students whose parents are the trustees. No one favours them or something but they yet have a chance of getting out easily. Micah and his bet oriented group belong to this trustee parent section. It's not like the principal likes what they do, they do get their share of punishments and detentions but the so called support doesn't completely stop them. It's a slight problem but thankfully it doesn't occur much. Most of the times their bets are not at all harmful but then there are times when they go overboard. And unfortunately I think today is going to be one of those troublesome days.

My gut feeling is way too strong and I can't help but get nervous about it. I quickly tried to distract myself by going to the student council room and doing my designated work. I was the class representative and also the president of the student council. We really didn't have to do anything extraordinary just keeping the discipline in check and planning some events. Having finished my work, I began to walk towards my class when suddenly I was pulled into a bone crushing hug. 

~*~*~*~*~*~

Honestly, I did not intentionally end it at such a cliffhanger. It's been written long ago and this is exactly where I'd stopped writing it. I'm thankful again, if you did read it till here. Please drop your feedback. Love yáll.

© All Rights Reserved 2019 SareenaDaredia