Chapter 6 ~ There Is A TV In My Living Room

Dedicated to smexycrazymofos because she comments on all of my chapters and is a faithful reader. Thanks so much! ;D

“Oh my god!” Maddie screamed. Then she jumped on Kate and me.

“I love it!” I swear she actually weighs a lot. She let go of both of us, but the smile didn’t disappear from her face. She ran into the room and jumped onto her new bed, snuggling deep into the covers. I smiled affectionately and saw that Kate was doing the same. I guess Kate is going to be the favorite aunt….

“Well,” Sam said, breaking Kate’s and my stare. “Kate and I should probably go. It is getting late. Plus, we need to get sleep if we are going to help get the rest of Maddie’s stuff tomorrow.”

Kate nods and heads towards Maddie.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, okay? Sam and I are going to help Niall move all the stuff from your bedroom here.”

A muffled “Bye.” is heard, but Maddie never lifts her head. I guess those sheets are comfortable…

***

After I see Kate and Sam out the door, I don’t know what to do. I guess Maddie needs some alone time in her room, so I head to mine to watch TV in my room.  

When I turn the TV on, the news channel is on. I decide that maybe I don’t need to watch the news every day, so I change the channel. I keep flipping through channels until I find something mildly interesting. I vaguely realize that it is The Notebook, but I just leave it on, not really focusing on it. My eyes began slowly drifting closed, when I hear someone walk into my room.

Maddie jumps on my bed and says, “Whatcha watchin’?”

“What?” I asked, not really awake.

Maddie started cracking up. “Oh my god, you are such a girl. Are you seriously watching The Notebook?” she asks, still laughing.

“I am not a girl.” I said defensively. “I wasn’t even watching it.”

Maddie rolled her eyes. “Sure you weren’t. Anyway, do you care if I watch TV with you?”

“I don’t care. Here.” I say, handing her the remote. She gets comfortable on top of my bed before flipping through the channels. Finally, she finds something she likes.

***

After an hour and a half, Maddie is completely knocked out. I shake gently awake.

“Maddie.” I say softly. “You have to go to bed now. You were sleeping.”

“No I wasn’t.” she says unconvincingly, considering her voice was laced with sleep. She rubs her eyes and slowly gets up from my bed.

“Goodnight.” She says, walking down the hall and into her bedroom.

“Goodnight.” I call back before getting ready for bed.

I lay there under the sheets with a smile on my face, because there was a TV in the living room.

***

“Which way now?” I ask Maddie. She is sitting in the passenger’s seat of my truck, and Sam and Kate are in the back. I need directions to Maddie’s house, considering I haven’t been there in years.

“We make a right here, and then keep going down the hill.” Maddie says. I think she enjoys being helpful. I’ll keep that in mind.

We finally pull up to 1763 Pennington Avenue and I park my car in the empty driveway. After we all get out, I pull out the key that my mom gave me and unlock the door.

It has only been abandon for three weeks, but it seems like a while longer. You can tell the owners left in a hurry. There were dishes in the sink, untouched for weeks. Maddie’s face fell when she walked in, but she was strong, and I know that she can get through it.

Everyone followed Maddie up the stairs and then she led us to her room. As soon as she opened the door, I had the same reaction as she did when she saw her new room.

Oh my god.

Guys! Thank you so much for 1K reads! It may not seem like a lot to you, but it means the world to me. So thank you! Love you all!                              Oh, and there is another Liam pic! I swear, no matter what he wears, he is adorable. 

Stay extraordinarry! ;D