Ch.9

I lowered my head and quickly take a few steps back, "I'm sorry, I have to go."

I hit someone and turn around to see Mrs. Mardue blocking the path into the kitchen. I smile nervously as she lightly pushes me towards Peter.

I almost fell forward due to tripping on my own feet before I stopped myself. Why did this happen? Why me?

I ignored my thoughts and accepted defeat. I wouldn't be able to leave whether I wanted to or not.

Unless, I thought. I teleport.

I looked at Mrs. Mardue and then glanced towards Peter. I guess they could read my expression because they started to tell me to stop and wait.

But I simply muttered, "goodbye."

That was it. I left Peter and Mrs. Mardue. I don't know where I had planned to teleport but I landed on a pier without any boats in it.

I sat down there and took off my shoes so I could put them into the water. Laying them in there, I felt extremely calm.

Too calm.

Something was going to go wrong. I could feel it in my veins and my head screamed at me to leave.

I hear footsteps coming down the wood. I turn around and expect to see Peter but instead see Mr. Stark.

I go to stand up when he raises his hand as a silencer. He gestures to sit back down and I listen.

Mr. Stark sits down next to me. He starts talking softly, "I love this spot."

I didn't want to say anything but my heart ached for anything it could. I was so caught up in guilt and self doubt that I mumbled, "why?"

He smiled a soft, sad smile, "I used to come here. Right to this very pier to sit and wait and watch. I did it whenever I was upset. I still do."

I nod at him and he looks down at me. He has a questioning look on his face and at first I think he's going to ask me about Peter.

"Why do you come here?" he asks instead. Half of me is thankful he didn't ask about Peter, the other half wants to rant about Peter to anyone who'll listen.

"I-," I start. I don't know why I come here most times. I don't know how to word it and explain it.

"It's alright, kid. You don't have to tell me. You can just... write it down. I'll be off."

He pulls a paper out of his pocket and a pencil with it. He leaves it next to me and walks off the dock.

A moment before he's too far for me to hear, he yells, "and you can write about anything! Not just the dock!"

And he walks away. I smile to myself. A small, happy smile. I grab the paper and pencil and begin to write.

Dear god it took a while to get past this writers block. Thank you to @wishuponastar8 for helping me get ideas and inspiration. The next chapter or the one after that will be longer.