CHAPTER 29

Play the multimedia.

•••

Answers

I watch him from a distance with a painful smile. Is it really possible to miss someone so much? Because just seeing him now made me already missed him even more.

I missed him already during those days I didn't saw him. But I missed him even more now that I see him. Pathetic, right.

Subtly, I walked towards him and finally standing in front of him, holding back every tears from flowing.

I moved even more closer just so I could see clearly his face.

He slowly lift his gaze and damn. I.. I badly missed this guy. When will it ever really end? I do not know anymore.

The more that I look at him now, the more that I missed him. And I can't. I've never felt like exploding out of missing some guy.

I saw him gulped painfully before avoiding my gaze and stood mightily in front of me. It stung deep inside me how he tried so much to never look at me again.

"H-hi.." I tried to smile even if he's not looking at me.

He didn't flinch but instead closed his eyes before he finally spoke.

"Seven long days.." He trailed off looking at me with those bloodshot eyes that painfully staring at me now.

"It's been seven days, and yet.. I'm still wondering have I.. ever did wrong to make you upset?" He frowned and gulped once more. "Did I do something? Did I made you mad at me?"

Tears fell one by one as I shook my head in consecutive.

"N-No.. I'm not mad, I was never mad.. " I sniffed and closed my eyes.

I reached for his hands and took hold on it as if my life depends on it. "I will never get mad at you. Remember that. I just.. I just need time to clear some thoughts and you know I'm quiet got a lot of things to do. I'm really sorry.."

I looked up to him and saw him gazing down on me in a frown. It was a quick locking of our eyes before he finally nodded. It made me smile a little and absentmindedly snake my arms on his waist for a hug.

"Don't scare me again. I already messed up in our concert, I don't know what will happen if you scared me that way again.." I nodded and finally felt his arms enveloping me.

"Can I ask you something?"

I stopped from fidgeting my fingers and gazed up to him. I smiled and nodded.

"D-did you.. did you finally talk to him?" He looked away even before I could speak.

That hit me. It's funny how he just reminded me of my supposed concern  for Mino. But I was too busy missing him I didn't realize I'm delaying my plan to talk with Mino.

For what reason again did I have to avoid Kai? Looking at his side profile and his handsome frown, that seven days of agony vanished in an instant.

"No. Why?" I saw him releasing a hold of air and it did gave me an idea. "But I'm planning to."

He smiled. "Ah.."

"Still.. he's a friend. I'm just really worried about him after all the backlash he received.." I explained and I do not know if he only pretends like he was listening or actually did not hear it.

Still with a frown he turned on the stereo and my favorite Lauryn Hill's Can't Take My Eyes Off You started to play.

"Tss.."