Tailspin

Prologue

What happens when everything you have is gone faster then you would ever think possible? Everybody thinks they have forever on this earth; with their family, but that's just not true. If it were, I would still have my parents. At 35 and 36 you would think that Anna Marie and Andre' Beauclaire would have many years left on this earth. The natural laws of the world would dictate that they would have longer to teach their daughter more about life. Unfortunately, the natural laws of the world were absent on October 15, 1984. We were going home from church. From church! Attendance has little affect I later learned that day. I remember we got in our car, a little Toyota, and headed for home. My parents were making me laugh so hard tears streamed down my little 5 year old face in currents. I wish my tears of joy would have blocked out the nightmare that would haunt me for years after. They turned to me to give me a quick smile, which is why I saw the car before they did. I guess my expression told them something was seriously wrong. They both turned away to look, and immediately turned back to look at me. In that moment they did something that to this day still doesn't make much sense to me. They smiled. After that all I remember was hearing screeching and metal crunching. I felt blood run down my face after my head hit the back window with such an impact I heard my own skull crunch. Then everything went black. Although my world and all these events seemed to happen in slow motion, I never even had time to scream.

...... Please leave comments and tell me what u think! I will write more soon, but I want to know what you all think so far first.

Chapter 1

'Okay, so maybe I shouldn't have made the whole situation worse. Who was I kidding, the creep deserved it!'

That is the mantra that had been going through my head for the past week, while trying to find a new job. My old job in the wonderful super-store of Walmart was terminated when I broke my employer's arm, after he pinched my rear end.

I hadn't meant to break it, but he moved at the wrong time, and well... let's just say those years of self defense lessons paid off way more then I ever dreamt. Thankfully, the cops said I was safe from a law suit on account of what they call me, 'protecting my person.'

I aid they could've given me the same security about my job. I really did not like hurting people, but I feel justified in my actions. Maybe now he will think about it before he repeats it. I really do need a job, though, and fast. With me starting my sophmore year in college, I needed all the extra money I could get, not to mention rent to my landlord.

My summer vacation started last week, but I've spent most of that time job hunting. Go me.

As I was walking down the street, about a mile from my apartment, it started to rain. Did I mention my car broke down this morning? As the rain beat down on me, I ran for the shelter of the nearest building, and looked around. The sign on the side of the building said Sienna Public Library.

Great. Now I have no job, a car that's on its last leg, its raining cats and dogs, and all I can do now is start on my reading list for the new year. I sighed deeply as I opened the door, then winced at the annoying bell that announced my arrival.

As the door shut behind me I looked around the suprisingly well stocked shelves. You'd never guess from the outside, that this place was a gold mine. As I was looking at a book on display, a woman, seemingly in her early 30's, came toward me.

She had straight blonde hair to her shoulders, and wore a long gooey skirt with a pretty top. As my inspection came to a close, I noticed she wore no shoes. Hmm, intresting.

"Hi, I am Esmerellda, the manager. You can call me Es. Can I help you?"

For the first time in years, I thought about what the preacher of the church my parents took me to when I was young said one day. I was about 4, but I remember he said something to the affect of, 'Nothing is coincidence. God will use, what we think of as bad luck, to out us in the place we most need to be. Ha, yeah right!

It took me a while, but I'm hoping the length will make all who have waited happy. I appreciate everyone who does, and I want to thank