if only she knew...cont.

(please ignore spelling/grammar errors. i just wanted to post this for fun. enjoy)

I wish lots of the time, that Al and Rose weren't related. but then i wouldn't get to see her when i went over to his house on the holidays. i probably wouldn't even be friends with her if they weren't cousins. but because they are, i can see her all the time, and talk to her too, but that's all. i can't just experiment what it would be like to hold her hand.

i'm staying with al for christmas, and we're going to the burrow, like the other years. but this year, i feel more excited and nervous than the others. it's because... well i did something stupid, but i think i'll follow through with it.

i bought rose a christmas present. it's a book i think she would like. i know she loves reading because she's in the library every second of the day. but this one was a story that i heard was famous.

when we get there, i see her right away. and fuck, she looks goddamn hot in a dress. it's an emerald dress, short-sleeved and cut off at the knees.

when she sees me standing there, she smiles. "Hey Malfoy."

"Hi," I grin back at her. "Happy Christmas."

"Oh, you too."

James comes racing into the room, and rams right towards us, but mostly towards Rose and throws his arms around her.

"Rosie! I missed you!"

"James!" she's laughing. "Put me down!"

"WHat the hell? how have you grown up in like four months?"

"How can you not have matured at all in four months?"

I laugh at that. Oh god, and she's funny too. SHe's beautiful in appearance, but that's not even half of it. most of her beauty is really in the way she acts and who she is. she has this sort of sarcasm that can get everyone laughing, even if she's teasing you or making fun of you. it's still funny.

and shes brilliant. she's the smartest person i'll ever meet. she has top marks in all her classes, but the cool thing about it, is that she loves learning. i don't think she cares too much about having the best grades, she just wants to know everything. and I'm sure she's halfway there.

she's also good at everything. i don''t really get it. how can a person be so smart, so gorgeous, and so good at everything they do? she's captain of the quidditch team, and not just because James left the title to her after he left. it's so hard to get a goal past her.

*

I really want to kiss her. it would be so simple. all i have to do is move a couple inches closer and bam- it would happen. I can only imagine what her lips would feel like against mine. Probably soft and warm. just thinking about it makes me want to melt away.

"Scorpius?" She says, snapping me back to reality. how could i have zoned out again? how could i not be focused on how her hand is touching my thigh right now. Holy crap her hand is on my thigh. I stare back at her. "Did you hear what I said?"

I hesitate before shaking my head. "I asked what you were thinking," she giggles. "Because you seem so lost in thought."

"Oh, right," I say, "I was just thinking..." what am i supposed to tell her? Oh I was just thinking about how much i want to kiss you right now? what would she even say if i did that. "Well, I was really just thinking about you."

HOly fuck did that actually just come out of my mouth? what's happening to me? has my brain completely shut itself off from connection to the rest of my body? My heart stops until she speaks.

"Me? You were thinking about me?" And I nod because well, I can't go back now. Then she smiles, and it's like everything is okay. i start breathing again. "what exactly were you thinking about me?"

"Oh, well, just that you...you're really beautiful and i really want to kiss you."

my heart is pounding in my ears now. it's so loud i just know that she can feel it too, but then it all stops again when she leans closer, her voice drops to a whisper. "then why don't you?"

i gulp really loudly. i think that alone just made me hard. and now, she's so close, it would be impossible to avoid it. I lean in, tilting my head and brush my lips against hers lightly. I pull back just a bit, for a second, trying to figure out if this is actually happening right now.

this time, she leans in, her lips pressed against mine with more force. i open my mouth and press my tongue against her lips as they part. then our tongues are interlocked and we're just..kissing.

her hand moves from my thigh, to my neck and i can feel the tips of her fingers dancing across my skin. I find my own hand moving as well. I'm holding her face, right around her jaw. her skin is soft to the touch, its better than i ever imagined it would be.

my other hand places itself on her waist, and then her back as she fills the space between our bodies. I can feel her chest pressed agianst mine, and try to squeeze out any remaining room seperating us. I want to feel every section of her. i want her to melt into me.

i have no sense of time, but when we finally do pull apart, where her lips previously were is replaced with a smile. a huge, stupid dumb smile. and she's still close to me. her hand is still on my neck and her face is just far enough so that I can see her whole head.

"Wow," she says in a quiet voice. "why don't we do that more often?"

"i've wanted to do that for years." i suddenly feel like i can tell her everything.

"Really?" she asks. "how long exactly?"

"Um when did we meet?"

She chuckles quick. "i can't believe you never said anything."

"Well, i couldn't. because of al and because i wasn't sure if you felt the same way."

"i did. i do, feel the same way."

"I can't believe this is happening right now," i think out loud. I pinch my arm really hard before realizing that nothing changed. and that i did hurt myself. "how is this not a dream?"

She laughs again, this time blushing. and it's a different side of rose i've never seen. it's a side that's modest and humble, a side that's not completely familiar with being shattered with complements. it's genuine and real and i love it.

"is it okay if i kiss you again?"

"i was wondering when you were going to say that," she smiles, and then we're kissing again.

i really hope this isn't all in my head.