Chapter Three

The eight of them couldn't go far, but the places they could go to were absolutely gorgeous. It was like they had stepped into a time machine, which, in some ways, they did.

They were all equipped with swords, though the only people who knew how to wield them were Aaron, Aphmau, Garroth, Katelyn, and, somehow, the fat lil nugget himself.

There were many familiar faces there, like Brendan and Kawaii~Chan, then some they felt they knew like Nekoette and Levin.

It was amazing. Then a werewolf girl came up to them, head cocked.

"You smell familiar," she said.

"Uhh...bye!" Zane started out, but Garroth caught his arm.

The werewolf looked at them before returning back to shopping at the market.

They had to be more careful.

----------
"I just don't get it!" Said modern Lucinda, exasperated.

"We still don't have a big enough power source...," pointed out medieval Lucinda. She snapped her fingers. "A relic!"

Modern Lucinda looked at her counterpart in confusion. "I've heard of those somewhere, but aren't they just legend?"

"There's a place with two relic holders nearby, but...," medieval Lucinda looked troubled.

"Is it dangerous?" Inquired modern Lucinda.

"No, it's just...personal issues." Lucinda explained.

"I'll go," offered modern Lucinda. "What do I need?"

"More like who. Go into the sacred forest to where Hyria lives. Bring our Garroth and Alina here," she instructed.

Modern Lucinda nodded in recognition, grabbing her staff and heading out the door.

"Wait! Bring this with you. But make sure to return it!" Medieval Lucinda handed her the staff she used.

"May Irene watch over you."
---------
Ghost looked around. Somehow this place felt...familiar.

The setting, the sort of...warmth.

"Ghost?" Called out Aphmau.

But Ghost was already consumed by the thoughts in her head.

She knew this from somewhere, the nostalgia was there. She just didn't know how she knew this place. It confused her.

All of a sudden, she felt a sudden pull. Ghost started walking towards the more overgrown part of the town.

The group cast each other concerned glances before hurrying after her.

The plants were overgrown, and undergrowth reached out to trip them and every turn. Eventually, Ghost came to a halt in a clearing where two gravestones resided.

Ghost wandered over to the fresher-looking one where a pink rose fading into white sat, seeming to be recently placed there.

She then sat next to the gravestone and rested her head on it.

As the group got closer, they saw that there was a carving on the stone. It looked like the carving was made with a knife. When they were right next to it, the group could see it better. The gravestone had a few words on it, signaling whose grave it was and a few words of eternal rest.

The gravestone read:

Here lies Kenmur, a loving husband and a wonderful scholar. He will be dearly missed by all, especially his wife, Emmalyn.

Those three words swirled in Ghost's mind; husband, Emmalyn, Kenmur.

Kenmur....

Kenmur....

Kenmur...

Kenmur, why did you have to go?

Why did you try to save me?

Why did you die?

Why couldn't you come back to me?

Kenmur...