Off to Hamunaptra

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

After the whole prison thing that had happened yesterday, we've packed our things that we're going to need for Hamunaptra. But most likely Evelyn; had just packed clothes and books, Jonathan; who probably just packed clothes and nothing more but what could possibly be booze.

Me on the other hand, I've packed my clothes, my tool kit, medical supplies, water bottles, and most importantly my weapons, such as my guns, throwing knives, daggers, and last but not least my sword. Which was given to me by my father before he died.

Once I got everything ready I head towards the port where we will be taking a boat to get us halfway to Hamunaptra.

Giza port

I may have gotten there early so I decided to put my bags on the boat and wait for the others to arrive off the boat. 

20 minutes has passed by and I see Jonathan and Evelyn walking over here where I was so I decided to walk over to them. Then I heard their conversation about O'connell, so I listened.

"Do you really think he's going to show?" She asked Jonathan "Yes, undoubtedly, knowing my luck. He may be a cowboy, but I know the breed. His word is his word." I decided to say something about this whole thing "Well, that 'cowboy' is my best friend that I've known for at least a few years before you the both." I said walking with them.

Both of them had surprised looks on there faces once they heard my voice and looked towards me "My goodness, (Y/N), don't sneak up on us like that." Said Evelyn "Oh, sorry I didn't think I'd scare you." I apologized "It's quite alright love, nothing to worry about at all." Said Jonathan.

"Don't worry about O'connell being late, Evy, I know he's going show up." "Well, I personally think he's filthy, rude, a complete scoundrel. I don't like him one bit." Then I see Rick coming behind us "Anyone I know?" We turn around to look at him and see that he look entirely different from what we saw by at the prison.

Evelyn was impressed and shocked at this while I smiled and gave him a tight hug which he returned once we released I looked back at Evelyn with a smirk though she didn't notice it since she was still looking at O'connell "Oh.......um.......hello." I mean to be honest he was dashingly handsome from the last time I saw him.

Jonathan shakes Rick's hand "Smashing day for the start of an new adventure, eh, O'connell?" Lightly hitting him on the chest area "Yeah. Yeah, smashing." While checking his wallet to see if Jonathan had stole it from him which he is relief that it's not.

"Oh, no, no, I'd never steal from a partner...partner." Jonathan said trying to reassure him "That reminds me. No hard feelings about the-" gesturing what happened about the punch yesterday "Oh, no, no. Happens all the time." Literally it does.

"Mr. O'connell. Can you look me in the eye and guarantee me this isn't some kind of flimflam? Because if it is I am warning you-" which is where O'connell cuts her off "you're warning me?" He kinda gets a little closer to her face "Lady, let me put it this way: My whole damn garrison believe in this so much...that without orders they marched halfway across Libya and into Egypt to find that city. When we got there. All we found....was sand and blood." which made me feel kinda bad.

"Let me get your bags." He takes her bags and carried them on board while Evelyn watch him wistfully which me and Jonathan noticed "Yes, yes, you're right. Filthy, rude, a complete scoundrel. Nothing to like there at all." Jonathan said teasingly Evelyn looks at him with a 'really' face.