how you met chan

°•♩---♩---♩•°
Stargazing - Kygo
°•♩---♩---♩•°

It was late at night and Chan couldn't sleep. He was stressed about Stray Kids' upcoming comeback, and his worry kept him awake. What if he disappointed Stays with his new music? What if Stays stopped supporting Stray Kids?

Chan grabbed his phone & earbuds, put on some music, grabbed a jacket, and quietly slipped out of the dorm, trying not to wake the other members.

He walked to a nearby park and sat on a bench overlooking the Han River. While listening to one of his favorite songs, he got drawn in to the guitar and the person's soothing voice, and completely tuned out his surroundings. That was, until he heard the loud snap of a stick being stepped on.

He jumped from the sound that jerked him back into reality, and looked over to see you sit down on the same bench as him but to the right side, keeping a lot of distance between you two.

You were in a slightly similar situation. Exams were coming up at your university, and you were worried about whether or not you could pass them. After studying for the entirety of the night, you felt exhausted and needed to calm down before going to sleep. So you too, put in earbuds and went out for a walk.

Unfortunately, your phone was only at 1%, and it was bound to die at any second.

That dreaded moment came, and your screen went black, your phone shutting off with its final vibration.

"Shit"

You cursed to yourself. You pulled your earbuds out and threw your head back in frustration, looking up at the faint stars in the sky.

Chan noticed when you ripped your earbuds out. He could tell you were probably going through a lot of stress like he was.

He took out his left earbud and silently held it out to you for you to take. You looked over at him and noticed his tired eyes and messy, curly hair. You thought you probably looked a mess as well.

After a few seconds, you took the one earbud from the mystery man, and he slid over closer to you so you could sit comfortably while sharing the pair of earbuds. He silently pressed play on his phone screen, and you instantly knew what song it was,

Because it was the same song that you were listening to when your phone died.

After sitting in silence for a few more seconds, you finally said to the stranger,

"You have a good taste in music"

"Hah, thank you. That means a lot"

He replied, smiling a bit. He ruffled his blond curly hair, and turned on his phone screen to show you what song it was.

"I know what song it is. I was actually just listening to it when my phone died"

You said in response. The stranger's eyes met yours, and his smile grew bigger.

"Woah, that's such a coincidence! You have good taste too. What's your name?"

He asked, turning the music down so you could better hear each other.

"I'm y/n. How about you?"

"You can call me Chan"

"Well, it's very nice to meet you, Chan"

"Likewise, y/n"

You talked for a little while longer, mainly about what brought you to the park so late at night. You learned that he was the leader of a rookie idol group under JYP, and that his group was having a comeback soon, hence why he was so stressed.

Chan checked the time, and to his surprise, it was 1:30: he had been there for an hour and a half.

"I really should head back to my dorm, but this has been really nice!"

Chan said. He wanted to ask for your number, but he wasn't sure if you were feeling the same vibes that he was.

Luckily for him, you were.

"Hey, Chan, do you want my number? It's been so nice talking to you and I would really enjoy doing this again sometime, maybe at a more normal hour."

Chan smiled, and opened up his contacts on his phone to create a new one. You gave him your number, and he snapped a picture of you when you weren't looking to set as your contact photo.

"The ball is in your court now, Chan, you better call me"

You teased, making him smile.

"I'll text you when I get home, and when you get your phone on the charger, you better let me know you got home safely"

He replied, and you nodded in agreement.

You said goodbye and went your separate ways. Your phone was dead and you couldn't listen to music, but it didn't seem to matter anymore. All you could think about was Chan's smile.

Chan hadn't even realized that he turned his music off at the park until he got back to his dorm.

Why?

Because he was so entranced by you that he couldn't think about anything else.

_________________________________________
***-***-****
Did you get home safely, y/n?

y/n
I just got back. You?

Chan
I'm back safely. You should get some sleep, and I'll do the same.

y/n
Alright, Chan. Goodnight!!

Chan
Goodnight. Sleep well, y/n.
Seen 1:54 am

_________________________________________