Act 2: Chapter 8

Art: UnlimitedCrazy
Song: Winter Dawn by Jens Kiilstofte
_____________

"I'm 100 percent sure that what I just experienced is real."
-Drake, The Haunted, episode 11: Infiltration

Third person point of view-

(One hour ago)

The two families had just finished preparing the meals for their picnic, which would be their mid afternoon courses well deserved after the day had poured barrels of stress upon them. Landen jumped around happily, running between the two mothers with a twinkle of excitement in each mismatched eye. The child was well aware of the misfortunes that had been handed to their family that day, their own home unsafe to return to and fear of being attacked aching inside of her mother each moment that passed by, however she refused to allow the tragedy to keep her from having fun.
She erupted into a sweet sounding laughter as Jane grabbed and lifted her as high as she could, surprised by her feathery weight, before falling back onto the couch while still holding the child up in the air. The two shared their laughter and joy, contagious to their parents now laughing in the kitchen along with them.
As their laughter faded, smiles remaining, Endy was the first to rip her gaze away from the children to look at the blue haired, searching for the anxieties that she was well aware remained lingering within her friend.

"Thank you guys." Lalea finally spoke, her voice more hush that it usually was, though remained legible. "It's so sweet of you to allow us to stay here. I don't know how to repay you."

Endy replied happily. "It's not a problem, no need for repayment. As long as this little one doesn't cause trouble!" As that was being said, Landen ran into the kitchen, Endy swiping the advantage to tickle her, bringing up more laughter that left the child's face red and warm.

Lalea watched with a smile before her gaze lowered to Xavier, who was crouched on the floor organizing the contents of the basket, expression shifting from happy to concentration. His hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail as it was when he prepared food, his hair too short to make one properly, leaving strands of chestnut hair poking out in all directions. He closed the basket and stood, a bright smile dominating his lips and cheeks.

"Seems that everything is accounted for and that we have just enough for everyone. Let's get goin', shall we?"

He held out a hand with his palm upwards, bowing slightly in waiting for Endy to take his grasp. Just before she could, the ground shook violently, the pictures on the walls and antiques on shelves and tables quivering with violence. Lelea reaches out and grabs Landen, Xavier doing the same with Endy. It only lasted a few seconds before it came to pass. Xavier sighed in relief as he let his spouse go, giggling as if it were nothing.

"Been a few days since we've had one of those. I hope it wasn't too bad out west. I heard the calamity is getting bad down there."

Lalea glanced down to her child, making sure that she was okay. Suddenly, as the tensions from the earthquake died and after quake they were waiting for became less likely, a bright blue light sparked in the center of the living room, expanding and glowing brighter.

"Uncle Armen!" Landen cheered before Armen even constructed his appearance, his body forming and features smoothing out.

Once fully formed, his soft smile rose on his lips as he greeted everyone. Landen ran to him, Armen allowing her to hug his legs, rubbing her head. "Hey, sweetie. It's nice to see you."