9. Outing

Present

"I have a date with Derek on Saturday." Stiles said suddenly looking up at Isaac who was making ridiculous faces at the five, nearly six month old, who he held in a sitting position on top of the table in the mall food court.

"That's nice." Isaac said with an air of nonchalance.

"That's nice? That all you have to say?" Stiles gave Isaac a look. "Something tells me that's not what you really think."

Isaac sighed. "What do you want me to say Stiles? You two have been working things out for over a month now, I was expecting this to come up sooner or later."

Stiles fiddled with his straw. "I thought you cared about me?"

Isaac wiped the drool from the teething infant's mouth with his bib before speaking. "I do Stiles, I care about you a lot, but what do you want me to do? I know you love him, I knew that the moment you first mentioned his name. I also knew this would happen one day, but it didn't stop my feelings for you."

"I'm sorry." Stiles said, genuinely feeling guilty for inadvertently leading Isaac on. "We can still be friends. Right?"

"It's okay, besides you're the only friend I've got, outside of my pack anyway." Tyler made a raspberry that Isaac wiped away with a smile before placing him in his stroller and standing from the table. "Ready to finish shopping?"

Stiles nodded and threw away both of their garbage. Stiles reached out for Isaac's hand. "Is there a way I can make it up to you?"

"Kiss me." Was Isaac's quick reply.

"Not even gonna think about it?" Stiles said with a chuckle.

"We've pretty much been dating without putting a label on it, since we hung out after you found out you were pregnant. I think if I'm going to be pushed to permanent friend status the least I can get is one last proper kiss before its official." Isaac said with a cheeky smile.

Stiles rolled his eyes. "One kiss and that's it." Derek is going to kill me, was Stiles' last thought before soft moist lips covered his own. Stiles wasn't expecting this, Isaac was an amazing kisser. He let out a soft moan and stepped closer to Isaac, he willingly opened his mouth when his bottom lip was gently nibbled. Isaac's tongue was quick to dive in and map out every crevice it could find. When Stiles let out a whimper Isaac pulled away and gave Stiles' lip a few quick pecks. Stiles pulled the wolf back in for one last deep kiss before pulling slowly away for good. Isaac smirked at Stiles' dazed expression.

Isaac licked his lips. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." He squeaked before clearing his throat. "You," He said with a shake of his head before stepping away. "are still an amazing kisser." Isaac laughed before moving to start pushing the stroller.

"I know."

Stiles smiled at his ex-boyfriend friend. "Isaac, you're an ass."

#

Stiles pulled up to Derek's house and carefully removed a sleeping Tyler from his car seat. He dug out his keys to open the door and gently kicked it shut behind him once he was inside. He gave a quick wave to Jackson and Danny who were cuddled on the couch before going upstairs to place Tyler in the crib. He came back down and searched for Derek, coming up empty handed he decided to ask Allison who was typing away on her laptop. "Where's Derek?"

"He's the basement with Erica, training." She distractedly answered.

"Thanks." Stiles jogged down the basement stairs and walked over to the room that was sectioned off as a training area for the wolves. We watched as Erica lunged for Derek and missed. Stiles blinked and the next thing he knew Derek had a panting Erica pinned to the floor by her neck. She didn't appear to be worried; she actually liked it if her smirk was anything to go by. She reached up a hand and cupped Derek's cheek rubbing her thumb against the slightly haired flesh. Stiles shifted and the sound of his feet sliding across the floor got both wolfs attention. Derek seeing who it was quickly rose from his position over Erica, who sent a harsh glare his way.

"Can I talk to you?" Stiles asked softly. Derek nodded. "In private?" He asked directing his eyes toward Erica who was slowing rising from the floor.

"Don't mind me." She said with a wave of her hand. "Act as if I'm not even here."

"Erica." Derek said sternly.

"Fine." She snapped. "But remember what we talked about." She grabbed a towel from the table and walked quickly from the room but not before giving Stiles a smug smile.

"What was that about?" Stiles asked in obvious confusion.

Derek shrugged. "What did you want?"

Stiles fiddled with the sleeve of his shirt. "You know that I went to the mall with Isaac today, right?" Derek nodded. "I told him about our date on Saturday, and that we could only be friends. I felt bad so I asked him how I could make it up to him…he asked for a kiss." At this Derek froze before digging into his pocket and pulling out a phone that he absently noticed belonged to Erica. After a few clicks of the keys he turned the phone towards Stiles. Stiles saw a picture of himself with his lips pressed against Isaac's. He looked up at Derek who he could tell by his eyes was fighting back anger. "I know what it looks like but I'm telling you now the kiss meant nothing. It was just that, a kiss. I know you have no right to believe me but I feel nothing beyond friendship for Isaac. I swear."

Derek tossed the phone onto the table that held the towels and before Stiles could realize his intentions, he had him on the floor arms pinned above his hand with one hand their groins pressed together, eyes slowly bleeding red. "You kissed him." He growled. "He kissed you after I told him not to touch what is mine." Stiles couldn't help but choke out a moan when Derek thrust their hips together. "I have to show him-show you where you belong." Stiles moaned and leaned his head back and allowed Derek more access to his neck. Neither man noticed glowing yellow eyes.