Trapped with You

(( \(°>•)/ people like this so here we go))

A groan escaped his pale lips, his head finally calming. It had been spinning for awhile and he couldn't recall last night's events at all. It was about ten minutes ago when he awoke in an unfamiliar place, where he panicked and alarmed the bear cubs. They quickly explained to him the school's small hospital facility before rushing him out, screaming at him he's fine and must leave! With a sigh and an unsure expression, he decided he'd go check out the time in the cafeteria. He was up half an hour before anyone else would awake.
So he used this time wisely to fight through his headache and talk things out... with himself.
"The Cubs said that ... thing in the hospital should've fixed me up. So I won't have to worry about getting sick anymore. Thank goodness, fevers suck," he had no idea why talking to himself calmed him down. It just did, "and then there's the whole thing with Ki-Kiibo." The stuttering of the cute robot's name made it worse, causing his head to rise up and a hand to cover the lower half of his face. Shuichi felt slightly pathetic he couldn't own up and bravely state his feelings like Kaito or Kaede would have. He closed his eyes as he leaned back in the chair, "What am I going to say? Do I even like him that way? And if we do date, there's no way we can let Kokichi know. Kiibo wouldn't handle the abuse."
"Nah he wouldn't! But Shuichi~ you should know then to keep secrets from me!" Speak of the devil and he'll answer, it's the purple gremlin himself with a companion.
"Shuichi has a crush on Kiibo?"
Kokichi smiled and turned around to Himiko, smiling widely, "Of course he does! We all saw this coming. I was quite frankly bored by the fact that it took so long." Kokichi laughed and turned back towards Shuichi, "And don't worry, I won't be torturing you about it either~! I mean, you're so fun to play with!" Himiko and Kokichi sat down across from the blushing detective.
"Still, I didn't think you, of all people, would like Kiibo. Did I accidentally put you under a love spell?" She put her fingers up to her chin, pushing out her bottom lip as she thought to herself.
Shuichi sighed and sat up a bit more, resting his elbows on the table, "Part of me wishes it were that simple."
Kokichi, who was rocking back and forth in his chair stopped, "Wait. You do like Kiibo back, riiiiii~ght? Oh man! If this turns into rejection for the robot, he'd be so heartbroken!" He started cackling loudly, "Imagine! A heartbroken robot!!"
"Quit it," Shuichi said, half serious and half embarrassed. There's no way he'd want Kiibo feeling bad by something's he's done. But Kiibo also said not to worry about a rejection... not that Shuichi has decided to reject him or anything.
Himiko looked down and then up, and nodded. "I've decided to aid you in your quest of love. You don't want this chance to slip up, Shuichi, or else... you'll be too late..." her eyes grew distant, her hair framing her face per usual.
Kokichi sighed and gave Himiko a pat on the back. "Yeah well, I'm bored. So I guess I can help too."
Shuichi looked up and felt a smile prying its way onto his face. He nodded and thanked them both.
"So first things first," the magician started, "Do you like Kiibo?"
"I-I don't know... I mean I-"
"Oh come on!" Kokichi slammed his hands on the table and stood up, pushing his chair back, "It's so obvious you like him! Just admit it! It'll be too boring and cliche if you just admit everything you like about him to only go 'oh dear! I guess I do like him' halfway through! That's so borrring!!!!" Kokichi almost started crying as he sputtered out those words, "Just admit it already! Stupidichi!" That must be from a Miu Iruma influence.
No matter. Shuichi looked to the kitchen, staring as if he'd find the answer buried deep in the dark pockets of the foreboding kitchen. "I-I mean," his face flurried a bright red, the temperature of the room only rising, "I guess I- no, I know I like Kiibo. And I'm willing to um, maybe, go out with him?" He closed his eyes and winced, prepping himself from another onslaught by Kokichi about, he didn't know, how dumb he sounded? But when he mustered up the slightest little bit of courage to open his eyes, he found a sight he didn't expect to see at all.
Kokichi in tears, a half shocked face with his mouth hanging slightly open. This wasn't his normal childish demeanor at all, no, it seems as if some dream of his had finally been demolished in that moment. He said nothing as he slowly closed his mouth, moving up and wiping his eyes with his sleeve. He took a deep breath and nodded before removing his arm to reveal a large smirk. A smile full of mischief and the essence of evil itself. It's a lie.
Himiko was stunned by the whole event as well, but when Kokichi smiled, she turned back and spoke, "Well, you finally realized your feelings. And so you have your answer. This was exhausting so I'm going to," she moved her arms up and tucked her head in them, resting on the table, "I'm going to take a nap."
It was only a moment before she was out, her tiny snores peacefully entering the two people's ears. Kokichi was still smiling as he sat back down. He moved his hands down into his lap, out of Shuichi's sight, so that he may hide how tightly he was gripping the bottom of his shirt.
Shuichi sighed and leaned back into his chair, folding his arms and closing his eyes. His body suddenly felt heavy and his world became darker and darker. And before he knew it, he had drifted off to sleep.
It felt like it was only a moment before he was rudely awaken by a certain gremlin. It had actually been an hour and everyone was in the cafeteria. Shuichi sat up and tried to stretch, though difficult with Kokichi hanging on his arm. Eventually, he was released and aloud to stand. As he did, his whole body groaned in response. It seems like everything popped, causing Shuichi to sigh. "Sleeping like that was not a good idea."
"Not at all, I can agree." Himiko was wincing at her pain as she also stood up, a heavy breath leaving her lips.
After Shuichi finished stretching, he began to finally assess the situation. Which was that everyone was staring at him, even Kiibo. He cleared his throat to maybe divert some of the awkward tension and offered to cook breakfast for everyone. No one objected. Plus, it'd give him some more alone time to ponder his situation.
If only it were that easy. As his hand slid across the door frame as he entered the kitchen, it seemed Himiko and Kokichi were already beginning on their quest. "I think Kiibot should go help Shuichi. He may learn a thing or two about cooking and may actually prove to be of some use."
Shuichi froze in front of a cupboard. He appreciated the obvious gestures of help but not now! He wasn't prepped at all nor ready to face the adorable robot in any way. And it was no help when Himiko chimed in, "Kiibo's useful anyway. But it would be rude to leave Shuichi to cook for all of us. It's exhausting to even think about."
That somehow convinced everyone else to start coaxing Kiibo into going into the kitchen and assisting Shuichi, who was sighing heavily as he defeatedly began preparations for the breakfast.
"O-Oh! I suppose you all are right. It'd be unfair to leave Shuichi alone with such a perilous task! Of course I will go and assist him." There was the cheerful voice of his crush. Steps began and grew louder with each passing one. It was a large build up to what Shuichi would know as a big ball of anxiety. Each step was like a shot to the brain. His breathing became irregular and he began to sweat. He really had no time to prepare and now he's being thrown into even being near Kiibo. He shakily grabbed silverware as he could hear Kiibo stand right outside the kitchen doorway.
"Nah! Kiibo's gonna help me today! We already talked about that. Not that any of you shitty titties could understand bwahaha!" That was obviously Miu. From the slang she used and her high pitched laugh, it was already clear it was her. "We were gonna grab something to eat but if Pooichi's cooking, then we can come back later. Come on Kiibo."
"Right," Kiibo quickly stepped into the kitchen and smiled at Shuichi, causing a small bit of heat to arise within the poor boy, "I apologize Shuichi! I already promised Miu."
"I-It's no problem. Kaito can help. Good luck." Kiibo did a small, cute nod before turning back around and leaving the cafeteria with Miu.
Kaito blinked and narrowed his eyes at the two quest seekers, "What was all that about? Why were you pressuring Kiibo to help Shuichi?"
"Isn't it obvious? Or is your head higher in the clouds than I thought?" Maki flared up an evil stare at Kokichi before sighing and returning to lean against the wall. "We're trying to set the dumb robot and Shuichi up on a date!" Himiko nodded as everyone just stared.
"Really? Is that a gentlemanly thing to do? If so, Gonta would be sure to help!" Gonta chimed in, smiling.
"Well first off," Maki started, talking for her own self, "Why does Kokichi, of all people, want to actually help? It smells fishy to me."
"Oh really? That's rich coming from-"
Kaito cut off Kokichi by wrapping an arm around Maki and laughing, the smaller girl blushing red, "Come now Maki Roll! If Kokichi wants to help, then let him. Hey Shuichi!" The poor detective was startled, almost dropping the plate he was holding, "Do ya like Kiibo?"
The question seemed to come out of nowhere, but Shuichi has already faced this decision earlier. So he picked up a few plates now full of food and entered into the Cafeteria. He placed the food down before sighing and looking up, a hint of determination illuminating in his irises, "Yes. I do have a crush on Kiibo."
Kaito smiled, proud that Shuichi was taking charge and making a decision on his own, "Well that's enough for me!" He released Maki and went to Shuichi, patting him on the back, "I'll help out as much as I can too." He coughed a bit before laughing and sitting down, taking a plate of food too.
Shuichi felt a small tug at his lips, causing a cute smile to plaster itself on the detective's face. "Thank you," He softly muttered as the room full of people soon began to eat.
It wasn't long before people had shifted from silent eating, to date plans and miraculous schemes.
"I could use my magic to create a mood for the date... but I already used up almost all my mana today."
"Already? But the day just started! Wait! Let me guess. You used up your magic to try and contact the dead!" The purple gremlin cackled.
Himiko appeared taken aback, "Nyeh?! How did you know?"
"Come now guys! Gonta thinks we're getting a little off topic."
Shuichi sighed and nodded, muttering a small 'thank you' under his breath. Kaito leaned back into his chair and put his hand up to his chin, uttering a small hum as he let his mind process his thoughts. After a few seconds of doing this, he sprang up and turned towards Maki. "Maki Roll! A date!"
She was taken aback and managed to sputter out a quick and totally fast paced, "Yes?"
"You're a girl. What would you like on a date?"
The girl sighed and shook her head, trying to cover up the fact that she was caught off guard. She folded her arms and spoke, "I haven't the slightest idea. And besides, just because I'm a girl doesn't define if I know anything about romance. Plus, both Shuichi and Kiibo are male... so my opinions would differ from theirs." Kaito sighed in defeat and leaned back.
"Gonta has an idea."
"Whoa what?! You have a brain?!" Kokichi's face was filled with such shock, it was almost hard to believe he was just joking... almost.
"Gonta used to help wolf pack understand one another's needs. Gonta was even a gentlemanly matchmaker. So Gonta thinks that Shuichi and Kiibo should meet up and have a date."
"Yeah, dumb dumb! We know that already! We wanna figure out how and where."
Gonta nodded and smiled, holding his hand out, "How about the pool area? Kiibo is very smart, unlike Gonta, and may want to talk about more human like stuff in more human specific places."
After trying to process what Gonta said, the group's faces slowly enlightened.
"Gonta! That's a wonderful idea." Tsumugi smiled and looked over at Shuichi.
"Y-Yeah. I think so too. I'm sure Kiibo will want to learn more about the human functions near or in water. He might enjoy it even."
Kokichi started laughing, "I guess even idiots can have their moments!"
Kaito jumped up, causing the room to shake a little, and a coughing fit to arise. After he calmed down, he said, "Yea'! It's perfect. And we can eavesdrop so easily with this plan."
"Let's not-" but Shuichi was interrupted.
"Yeah. I can use the last of my mana from that proximity too and cast a love spell. Kiibo will fall in love with Shuichi for sure."
The detective just laughed with a defeated sigh. Either way, he was going on a date with Kiibo and get his feelings across. Maybe asking for help wouldn't turn out to be so bad.
After the group decided on some final preparations, the only thing left to do was somehow get Shuichi to work up the courage and ask Kiibo out. Which proved to be maybe too great of a task.
Surprisingly, Maki volunteered to assist him first without Kaito doing anything preemptively. After receiving an annoying head pat from said luminary of the stars, Maki sat down in front of Shuichi.
"Now," she said, with a scary look in her eyes that seemed to turn this talk into an interrogation, "how are you planning on asking Kiibo out?"
There were very few people in the room to listen in. Only Kaito, Kokichi, Maki, and Himiko were left. The others either went off to do their own thing or help set up the pool area for that special date.
Shuichi reached his hand up and scratched the back of his neck, feeling the thin edges of his hair. "I'm not sure on any specifics but I think I'll just go up and ask him."
Maki did not react in a big gesture. Only narrowed her eyes a bit more. "Is that all? Are you sure you really like him?"
Pressure started to build on the detective's shoulders. "Y-Yeah I'm sure! Is there something wrong with my plan?"
Maki sighed and folded her arms. "No. Just seems plain. But I guess not even an excitable robot who jumps at the smallest kind gesture deserves a nice way of being asked out. I'm sure he'll be happy with just a plain and boring old question." Shuichi felt his mind twist and turn. Maybe he should do something more spectacular.
Kaito laughed and gave Maki a pat on the shoulder, who received a glance of death right afterward. "Aw Maki. I wouldn't take you for the type that fancies big gestures. I gotta say, I agree with Maki though. Kiibo deserves to have a big event as an invitation to the star of your heart!"
Kokichi felt himself laugh a little, "Yeah! Something I can embarrass him about later would be the best!"
Himiko put her finger up to her chin and thought for a moment, "Maybe an organized magic show would work?"
Shuichi shook his head and said he didn't want to be reminded of the previous magic show. Himiko agreed and began to rethink her idea. "I appreciate the help guys," the befuddled detective said, "but I really don't think Kiibo needs something big to make it special for him. Like you said, Maki, he's happy with any gesture. As long," he moved his hand up to his chest, leaving it there hovering above his heart, "as it comes from here."
"Yeah and that'll just confuse him! But whatever. I'm sure there's some way I can use this as blackmail nishihihi!" The purple gremlin cackled. Kaito sighed and placed a hand on Kokichi's shoulder.
"Now listen here! If you're gonna get in the way of my buddy's confession then oh boy, you have another thing coming."
Kokichi puffed up his cheeks in annoyance and began to whine like a little kid, "It was my idea to help him in the first place! Of course I'm not going to get in the way of it! I just want to embarrass them and have my fair share of fun!"
Shuichi felt a small laugh escape from his lips. This whole ordeal seemed to make him feel better. Seemed to distract him from the terrible crimes his classmates have committed. He looked up and shrugged, "Fine. A big way to ask him out, huh? Is there really any reason... I mean way to do that?" He still had his doubts but he knew arguing against this group of stubborn people would get him nowhere.
Kaito began to think while people pitched in ideas.
"I could make fireworks with my magic that spells out, 'Will you go out with me?'"
"W-Way too big for even me to handle. Also, could you even do that?" Shuichi doubted.
"You could always threaten him. In a way, I'm sure that's big."
Shuichi awkwardly laughed, unsure if Maki was joking.
"Give him your food. You should know that sharing food is best way to a person's heart. Who'd say no? I wouldn't." The magician mumbled.
"Well, I think that's true, but Kiibo doesn't exactly... eat." Shuichi nodded as he spoke to Himiko.
Kaito snapped his fingers and looked at Shuichi excitedly. "Sneak out at night and ask him under the stars! Like ya know, in those high school rom coms. And plus, with the stars shining bright above you? He just can't say no!"
Shuichi couldn't think of a reason to say no. Maybe Monokuma stopping him, but if he told the bear it was for 'teenage romance', he was sure Monokuma would easily back down. "That sounds like a great idea."
"Are you all air headed?" Kokichi asked, his feet on the table as he leaned back in his chair, "You're asking Mr. Goody Two Shoes robot dolt to break our curfew and go with Shuichi in the dark. Good luck trying to convince him." The room fell silent as, they'd hate to admit it, they realized Kokichi was right. But then he laughed, "And that's where I come in! Shuichi, be by the secret shed tonight after we're supposed to be all at the dorms. I'm going to make sure Kiibo comes too." Though he wanted to ask what Kokichi would do, the detective decided against it.
After a few more discussions, their plan was set.
~
Shuichi shifted nervously on his feet, twiddling a rose he bought as a prize at the casino. This was dumb! Plain stupid. He should have just went with his gut instead of trying to make it big and elaborate.
"Shuichi!" A familiar and comforting voice rang out as a robot approached. "Kokichi told me you were injured and could not get back to the dorms! He said he was also having trouble carrying due to his height. But you shouldn't fret any longer, my good friend, I shall carry you back all on my own!" The weak robot chimed, forgetting that they both already knew that was impossible.
"Actually Kiibo, I needed to talk to you."
The robot blinked. "You don't... look hurt."
Shuichi cleared his throat before turning around, facing the robot. But his eyes were off looking to the side, blinking at an almost alarming rate. He slowly lifted his hand up and offered up the rose, "Would you like to go on a date with me?"
Kiibo blinked before feeling a warm feeling rise inside his chest. What was that feeling? His systems warming up? His body taking in heat? He couldn't answer. But he could answer Shuichi's question. With a smile, he walked up and place his hands around Shuichi's, cupping them as softly as he could. "Of course. How about tomorrow?"
Shuichi smiled, not caring how red his face may seem at the moment. Everything was right. Everything felt right. He could almost forget the killing game and instead fantasize all the dates him and Kiibo would have.
"FINALLY!" A loud chorus of shouts from nearby screamed in victory. Many of their fellow classmates danced, happy their plan succeeded. But a few were not so happy.
Miu was confused as shit.
Himiko was tired and about to pass out.
And surprisingly, Kokichi was crying. Of course, if anyone asked, he'd laugh at them and scream something about a lie.

~~
One must deny the truth
Of the pleasures
Of being trapped for you
Of being trapped with you.
~~

((I have two more parts planned before I have completed this fanfiction. Oh and if you think this fanfiction has a happy ending, then do remember where our characters are trapped together ^^))