That Was Close

Chapter 8| That Was Close | Keisha & Jarrell In Media

•2 weeks later•

Dave 🤒

Ever since I asked Keisha are we official with her exact words being

"Yeaaaaah that's not happening right now."

I've been ignoring her, but drastically... that's only making me fall for her more and making my feelings grow. Today is Saturday and Tre texted me about going out with the gang to the carnival since it was free for the first two days. I quickly got in the shower and threw on some black jeans with a looney toons shirt with a jean jacket on. I walked downstairs to see Nate & Tre yelling at the tv.

"Is Da'Keisha gone be there?"

Tre paused the game and turned to me slowly with a scrunched up face.

"Nigga who!?"

"Da'Keisha, Sky friend."

He laughed, "Nigga Keisha?"

"Ah duh," He said looking up rolling his neck.

"This nigga a Fag," Nate said laughing, I tried to attempt and hold in my laughter by failed miserably.

"I don't want to go then," I shrugged.

Nate huffed, "Bro, whatever happened between y'all... just fuck it out because y'all haven't been talking for damn near a month. She has been acting just like yo ass."

Tre nodded in agreement.

"Bro comes on, don't let no female get to you. Carnival means multiple people, multiple people mean some are bitches... some being bitches means what? Making her jealous." Tre said smirking.

I shook my head smiling like his idea.

"Yeah let's go."

~~~

Dave 💰

We were just getting our wristband when we heard Sky and Keisha laughing. I felt my heart sink in my stomach from being so nervous. I was on my phone playing a game when Nate snatched it out my hand.

"I was texting yo mama letting her know when I'd be on my way home."

Tre stood there quietly before screaming out loudly yelling while laughing uncontrollably.

"Not the mama," He said.

Nate flicked me off before nodding his head in a direction. My eyes followed to appear Keisha eyeballing me. She looked away when she realized I noticed.

"She staring you down bro, she misses you just like you miss her," Nate said holding his heart.

"Bitch give me my damn phone back."

We started walking to look for some rides to get on when I felt somebody intertwined their fingers with mine. I looked down to see Keisha giving me gloomy eyes.

I chuckled, "Wassup Da'Keisha."

"Stop calling me that... I know you miss me," She said as we all stood in line.