Chapter 2: Lullaby The Song of Death

ابدأ من البداية

Lucy just looked at them in confusion as she walked over to them while Erza walked back to the four-wheeler with (Y/n) following behind her.

Lucy: "What was that all about?" she asked.

Gray: "Oh right, you wouldn't know about the betting pool." he said dusting himself off.

Lucy: "Betting pool?" she asked.

Natsu: "That's right! Masky here never takes off his mask. No one has seen his face other than Gramps and a few other people like Mira. So everyone made a bet on what he looks like." he said crossing his arms.

Lucy: "He doesn't show his face at all?!" she said in shock.

Gray: "We tried asking anyone who seen his face but they refuse to say anything. We tried taking it off by force by the thing sticks to his face no matter what. The only time it comes off is when he takes it off, which is rare, or if it comes off by itself like right now. My bet is that he looks ugly." he joked.

Natsu: "I bet he has a third eye!" he grinned.

Lucy: "That's unlikely!" she stated.

Natsu: "How do you know? His mask has a third eye. What do you think?" he asked.

She thought about it and was unsure of herself. She remembered Mirajane telling her, "But don't let appearances fool you, he's really shy most of the time but he's kind and fair." She could've been talking about his outfit but there was no way to know for sure. 

Lucy: 'Maybe he's the shy and cute type?' she thought to herself.

(Y/n): "What are you guys waiting for? We need to go after that guy on the train!" he called out to them.

Erza: "He was on that train, right? We'll leave immediately so we can catch up!" she told them as she started up the four-wheeler.

Gray: "What was this guy like other than looking like a thug." he asked Natsu.

Natsu: "Didn't look like someone from a Dark Guild. But he did have this strange flute thing. It looked like a skull except it had three eyes. Hey, Masky! Are you two related?" he joked.

Gray: "That's creepy." he shook his head.

(Y/n) only hung his head after hearing them from the back of the Four-Wheeler.

(Y/n): "Why do you guys pick on me?" he complained.

Gray chuckled after hearing his response. As they were about to make their way over to the Four-Wheeler, Happy noticed that Lucy was standing still.

Happy: "Is there something wrong, Lucy?" he questioned.

Lucy: "It's just... I heard about this flute before... Lullaby... The curse song! It's Death Magic!" she figured out.

Gray: "A cursed song? Like an incantation?" he questioned.

Lucy: "I've only ever read about them in books before but... there are some deadly spells and magic out there that are forbidden to be used by wizards." she told them.

Erza: "That's right, there are cursed Black Magic spells that can kill a person they are used on." she revealed.

Lucy: "If I'm right, Lullaby is even worse." she stated.

Erza: "Then there's no time to waste!" she said to them. 

Without warning, Erza began turning the car towards the next train stop. (Y/n) quickly opened the door for them. Natsu was hesitant to get in only for Happy to fly over to him and pulled him inside, Lucy was quick to follow. Gray, however, tried to get in only for the door to close at the last second due to Erza driving as fast as she could. Gray held onto the side of the four-wheeler before slowly climbing up to the room of it.