o54

C H A P T E R
F I F T Y - F O U R

Never before had I seen the DRMs so lively and attentive.

It was only three days since Jaemin was rescued, but his memory was recovering quite well. The DRMs had thought of visiting the orphanage later, in hopes for more of Jaemin's memories to return. However, we needed to wait until Doyoung and Sicheng arrived so they could escort the kids and make sure that they're safe.

Yuta and I can't attend them, and it anguished me so, because I always looked forward to what the orphanage looked like.

"You can't get what you want all the time," Mark told me.

As if I even got half of it.

Jaemin was learning names. He learned mine's, Yuta's, and Jungwoo's. I couldn't wait to introduce him to my brother later. According to Sicheng, he and Doyoung were an hour away from arriving.

While waiting, Jeno and the rest of the DRM members were there to educate Jaemin on what he missed. The Dome. The Fortrent. And most especially, Merry-go-round.

Jaemin's eyes would twinkle everytime he was told a story. I was reminded of the times when Baba used to spoil me with stories from the city too. Back then, I envied those people who got to live at such luxury. But right now, as I achieved more than average of what most citizens of Neo City did, I just wanted to crawl back to my shell. I'd rather be in that small town rather than in this city of twisted people.

But this was my fate. I was fated to face this, to hold the medal, to become the Champion.

Right now, the boys were preparing to visit the orphanage.

"Three months!" Chenle exclaimed, enthusiasm ringing in his voice. "After three months, we're going to return home!"

"Can I go with you?" Jungwoo asked politely, hope clouding his face.

"Well, you need to ask Sooji for that," Mark replied.

I could hear them, so I answered back. "Jungwoo can go."

Chenle gasped, ready to raise his fists in the air and celebrate. But I interrupted by saying, "But, just because Doyoung is coming with you. Otherwise, I wouldn't have agreed."

"No worries! As long as Jaemin's with us, we're happy!" Jisung said.

The last time I saw Jaemin and Jeno was last breakfast. Those two might be inside their room now, talking about the important stuffs. I entrusted Jeno to explain to Jaemin about what happened to Jeena. I hoped things would turn out well.