o35

C H A P T E RT H I R T Y - F I V E

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - F I V E

"Do you know how many seconds, minutes, hours and days I've spent on designing this?"

Donghyuck raised a brow, while wiggling the goggles in his hand. Jungwoo, who was standing beside me, flinched. With this, he caught the other man's attention.

"And you, Kim Jungwoo! I know you're a boss and all, but that doesn't mean you can handle anything carelessly!"

"I'm sorry. It's my fault. I slipped and... and... I lost hold of your goggles," Jungwoo lifted his face as he licked his lips. After a while, he was eyeing the lantern that Donghyuck was carrying. "Ah! Let me carry that for you!"

As if it can compensate with Donghyuck's wrath, Jungwoo stole the lantern from Donghyuck's hand, fixing its handle tightly in between his pale-cold fingers.

I studied the younger man's reaction. He looked shocked and taken aback. But any further emotions was swept away by him in an instant, as he waved his hand in the air like he's dismissing someone.

"Fine. I'll let it pass this time," he said, spinning around, and then a few seconds later, he spun back to face me. "Sooji, the DRM trusted you with this!"

"Sorry!" I said as I clapped my hands together. "It won't happen next time, I swear! Can I..." I flashed him a sweet grin. "Can I have it back?"

I swore I saw Donghyuck roll his eyes skyward. But nevertheless, he lent the goggles back to me.

"I'll take better care of this," I said, smiling.

He just snorted. "No thank you?"

I laughed. "Thank you, Donghyuck."

With that, we started moving forward. I wore the goggles over my eyes this time, letting the automatic manual take over the commands.

I stood beside Donghyuck. "The machine said we're approximately 80 meters from the hideout."

"Marvelous," he sounded sarcastic.

I licked my lips to at least warm them up. "Aren't you gonna ask about Jungwoo and why he's here?" I asked.

He didn't flinch when he replied, "DRM Rule Number 32: No sharing of any valuable information outside the hideout," then he cleared his throat. "In other words, Ms. Champion and Mr. Boss, you are going to explain youself once we reach the headquarters. In front of the whole members of the DRM."