Destiny Island

All I could see was a dark empty void of nothingness. My heart raced as I tried to figure out where I was. The only thing to bring me some kind of comfort were these voices. They were distant but yet familiar to me.

"Together always."

"The four of us can never be torn apart. You got that? I'll always find a way."

"I'm asking you as a friend, just put an end to me."

"Keep trying to drive us apart with your mind games, it'll never work."

"One day I will set this right."

"You gave me something back when I needed it most. A second chance."

I made my way towards the voices, hoping to find who was behind them. With every step I took, I was still nowhere closer to the voices. Frustrated I began to run towards them. I wanted to know why I recognized their voices. It was nagging at the back of my mind, I had to know. The voices grew louder and louder until suddenly a bright, white light engulfed the dark void.

I opened my eyes to find myself shooting up from my hammock, safe from the nightmare. From the shock, the hammock flipped over, dropping me to the ground.

"Ow," I grumbled, rubbing my head. I looked around, happy to be in my treehouse. It doesn't have much, just my hammock and a small dresser, that my friends and I made.

"Another nightmare?" called a voice from my doorway. I looked up to see one of my best friends, Riku, looking at me with concern.

Riku has short silver hair, with light blue eyes. He has a yellow-and-black tank top with white-trimmed, black straps crisscrossing his chest and upper back with a white on each end. He a sports pair of gray-trimmed, black gloves with matching black wristbands, dark blue pants with brighter blue baggy pant legs connected with white-studded suspenders and are buckled with small black straps on his ankles. On his hip, he wears a black belt with a silver rectangular buckle. His white-and-blue shoes have white-trimmed, black straps, gray soles, and are decorated with yellow strings on the inner sides, some of which criss-cross each other.

"It's nothing," I said as I moved my long brown hair out of my face to see, as I felt my face burn up from embarrassment.

"So 'nothing' made you fall out of bed?" he asked sarcastically, "C'mon Xidel, I know you better than that."

"Yeah, I know," I sighed as I laid back down on the ground. Riku smiled then walked over to me.

"Wanna talk about it?" he asked reaching his hand out to me.

"It probably won't change anything," I said.

"You never know," Riku smiled urging me again. I smiled back, giving in and grabbed his hand.

"Fine, but you have to get out first," I said. He looked at me puzzled. "I can't get ready with you in here."

"Riku looked at me, realizing that I was still in my purple nightgown, "Oh right."

He rushed out and waited on the other side of the door frame. I wasn't certain, but it seemed like Riku was blushing on his way out. Shaking off the notation, I immediately started getting ready. I put on my light brown sleeveless turtleneck shirt, with a yellow cloth that reached over my shoulder and across my chest. Then grabbed my yellow tights and put on my short dark blue skirt with light blue stripes. Which came with a yellow sash that I used as a belt. I then put on my long brown boots and fingerless gloves. Finally, my outfit was complete with a small yellow sash on my right arm and a short black scarf around my neck.