Chapter 17: Discovery

Hey guys; here is the upload! We are close to the finish but a lot will happen  so look out for the little things! Enjoy! VOTE, COMMENT, FAN! thank you so much for all of yalls support!

                                                              ~Rose

Chapter 17: Discovery

The walk back to Elijah’s house was silent. I could clearly tell Elijah was deep in thought; with the mornings events I think everyone was. It was too curious about how I could speak to Illyria as if she were my own dragon. None of us knew what to think; it had never been heard of before. Once we reached the cabin Elijah was a flurry of activity. He paced the large room gathering and collecting different items.

“Elijah what are you doing?” I asked stepping in his path forcing him to stop and speak.

“We are going into town; we need to figure out why you are bonded to Illyria. There is a store; at store that still posses’ books from the fire council we may be able to find answers there.”

“The fire council?”

“They were council of the first dragon heirs and held the list of the heirs to come. When the king began destroying dragons and their riders the council dispersed taking the list and their histories into hiding. This store was incredibly hard to find; the owner was a part of the council,”

“Then wouldn’t he have a dragon?”

“No actually, he was a scroll keeper who tended to the council, so when they fled he fled with the dragon’s history.”

“Wow,” I breathed. Dragon history, my history, Moorwin’s history; all within our grasp. “Will it be safe to go into town? With a warrant out for my capture?”

“You can wear a hood; and Ariya I’ve had the kings wrath on me most of my adult life.” He chuckled.

After that we both quickly gathered items for the day’s journey into the nearest town; Elijah told me it was called Wren. I pulled on the woolen jacket along with a full black cloak Elijah had given me. We tacked the horses and set off. We rode in silence for part of the way but it quickly became unbearable.

“Elijah, are you alright?”

“What?” He asked his head turning to me; I had interrupted him deep in thought.

“I asked if you are alright. Does it bother you that I can speak to Illyria?”

“It does but doesn’t it’s a curious thing. I don't want you to feel as if you are imposing on me in anyway, you are something I’ve been praying for all these years.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve prayed for something to change me, something to change the way I’d left things in the capitol.”

With that I left no response I was at a loss for words, I was changing his life just as he was changing mine. We left his house as if we were heading towards the clearing but instead of entering the woods we continued alongside it on a well worn path.

We kept riding and riding and the silence kept growing but this time it wasn’t a silence to break it was a silence of calm. For the first time in a while I was completely at ease; I let all my worries slip away and let myself dream of a time when none of this existed. When everything was simple and I went home to my family where we laughed over our meager meals.

I sighed; all of that was gone and could never be brought back. I would never see my parents faces again; hear their laughter and receive their love. How I missed them terribly; but I had to push back the past and look towards the future. That’s what lied ahead not wishing for my parent’s resurrection.