"i think you can screw off. what is this loser rat doing in ap class?" brandy lynn stopped him on the way, marcus ignored her ranting and continued walking digging into his pocket for the pin reyna had given him, saya squinted her eyes recognizing the familiar pin.

"get your hands off me." brandy lynn followed marcus to the gate, he pried vicktor's hand away as he began to pick the lock. everyone looking to him as he pushed the gate open, not a single soul wasted time to piled out of the cramped hallway. brandy pushed marcus as she walked out. "your table awaits, jocko." marcus shouted grinning. chico pushing past him too, reyna made sure she gave a smile as she left following her brother.

chico pushed the doors open, telling everyone to be quiet as he held his blade. the class snuck in the room, quietly. almost everyone having nosebleed. reyna looked down to her feet seeing the blood drop from her nose. a clicking noise could be heard, following the sound of gates closing. and out came unmasked monks with staffs from the gates. everyone backed up to the center of the room. "you know marcus you sure do know how to make a challenge speed up." reyna whispered to him, she knew he was the one that stepped on the trick tile. marcus just looked at her and gave her a grin. once the first struck was taken everyone jumped.

spooky was knocked down by a monk, reyna ran up to the monk to help her brother only to get knocked to the ground. "keep your triangle. not a fucking sqaure." spooky cursed getting up to his feet. everyone was getting knocked down just to get back up. reyna dodged the staff by ducking down, coming back up her foot connected to the monk's chest. "spooky, the wrong time to be a big brother." maria suggested as she fought her own monk off with chico. the torres' trapped one monk, spooky kicking him in the chest and reyna grabbing his bamboo stick.

hitting him once more before dropping the stick. spooky ran to the closing gate, reyna did too grabbing saya's and marcus' hands not wanting to leave them behind. the trio slid under the nearly closed gate hearing other students pleads. they all piled down the stairs, some weaker than others. stumbling. blood covering their white shirts. going into a room with many plants, with animals' shapes on them. everyone started dropping like flies.

"one of these are the cure." saya heckled, using the table to lean on. everyone's eyes searching for the answer. reyna was close looking at the fish as she saw marcus' lips move and reaching out to it, but she couldn't hear him. until finally she dropped to the ground. "rey." spooky called out worried about his sister he dropped to the ground too. reyna rolled on her back gasping for air, she could taste the blood in her mouth. until she passed out.

"she didn't actually die, did she?" marcus' voice could be heard with footsteps, reyna could feel people leaning over her. "no, she's still breathing, it's just going to take a little bit more to wake her up." maria explained. reyna could feel this horrible taste of some type of herb on her tongue.

"if it was given to her in a cup and straw she would be up by now." chico found a way to kick her while down. reyna fluttered her eyes, swallowing the herb that was in her mouth. the small group looking to her, happy she was awake. "hey chico?" reyna's voice croaked.

"yeah?"

"fuck off."

◦MARIA'S THRONE

the girl's were together with booze, pregaming. almost party ready, maria laying on her stomach on her bed, saya sitting on the floor in front of maria and reyna sitting at the desk with her legs propped up. "during the pop quiz you were awful close to marcus." maria broke the silence between the girls listening to the music. reyna turned around looking at the girls with a smirk. "well, he is her pledge and all. got to make sure he isn't dead." reyna grinned saya's eyes widening as the information spilled from her lips.