Chapter 17- Angel

Taehee's POV

"Is she awake?"

"She should be by now."

"You can see the changes already."

"She's so beautiful!" 

"But she was supposed to wake up three hours ago!"

"Honey, don't worry."

I heard some unfamiliar and some familiar voices say. I slowly opened my eyes, earning a few gasps.

"Oh my God!" Someone squealed. "She's beautiful!"

I slowly turned my head and saw my parents and four other people who I didn't know. There was also a tiny winged creature who was flying in small circles. Am I dreaming about mythical creatures again?

As my eyes glanced around, I noticed that I was in an unfamiliar room that was decorated very royally. I felt really weak and tired as well.

"Mom... Dad..." I whispered weakly as I sat up. "Where am I?"

"Jieun, bring in the portion of revival," My dad said. Portion?

The girl who was squealing, who happened to be the fairy, quickly flew outside the room and came back within a few seconds, holding a bottle that was twice her tiny size. She handed the portion to my mom.

"Here," My mom said softly as she handed me the small bottle of some purple liquid. "This will give you your energy back instantly."

I drank the liquid in a few gulps, flinching when I felt my throat burn for a few seconds.

"Happy birthday, my Angel," My mom said as she kissed my head. My dad did the same. It was my birthday already?

I noticed that the other four people in the room and the fairy had left. I couldn't tell whether they were really fast or if I wasn't paying much attention. I felt my energy come back and all the tiredness vanished.

"Where am I?" I asked.

"In our house in Angelus urbe," Dad said. I raised my eyebrow. I tried to remember how I got here, but I wasn't able to.

"I'm so sorry," Mom said. "We had to keep so many secrets from you."

"What?" I asked confused. "What secrets?"

"Honey, why don't you take a look at yourself in that mirror?" My dad said, pointing to a large mirror.

I got off the bed and walked over to the mirror. I gasped.

My hair's color was more enhanced and so was my skin. My features were sharper and my senses were clearer. My body was much more curvier. I looked ethereal.

But what caught my attention the most, was my eyes.

My dark blue eyes.

The were the exact same color as my parents' eyes, maybe just a shade darker. I could tell that I wasn't a human anymore.

"What am I?" I asked excitedly.

"You're an Angel," My mom said. "Just like us."

I gasped and pouted. "What? So that's how you both have blue eyes? I used to think that I was adopted cause I didn't have them!"

My parents laughed and my dad ruffled my hair. "But now you do."

I nodded and smiled.

"I thought you'd be upset with this," Mom said.

"No mom, I'm so happy!" I said honestly. "But I am curious about one thing though."

"What is it?"

"Why have I changed now? After... eighteen years?"

"When a star is born, an angel is born too," My dad explained. "Your star happens to be visible in sky after exactly eighteen years, marking your change."

"So it's not the same for every angel?"

"Yes, it's not the same," He said. "Some may change after a year or two, some after ten years, some after twenty, it goes on."

I nodded as I paid full attention. This was so interesting!

"So what are the human things that I can still do?" I asked.

"You can do everything," Mom said. "But you'll do everything perfectly cause now you have powers."

"What powers do I have?"

"We don't know yet, you'll learn it all with time," Dad said.

"I can still meet my friends and continue school right?"

"Of course," He said. I squealed. Yuqi would be so thrilled to know this!

There was a soft knock at the door.

"Come in Jieun," My mom said. The tiny fairy flew swiftly into the room and bowed. 

"Taehee," The fairy said. "I'm your own personal fairy."

My eyes widened. "I have a fairy?"

"Yes!" She said happily.

"You and Jieun can communicate through your minds," My dad said. "She has many powers and will protect you."

I nodded. My parents told me a lot of our History and Jieun told me all about her powers. I was thrilled to know that she could be human-sized and will be attending school with me as well.

This was the best birthday gift I have ever received!

-

End of chapter 17.
Please vote!

I'm so sorry that there wasn't any Yuta in this chapter. I wanted to write this chapter only based on Taehee so that you all would understand the story better later on.