Chapter 7- Broken

Yuta's POV

"Ostende mihi portal to Neo urbe. Ostende mihi portal to Neo urbe. Ostende mihi portal to Neo urbe." Jaemin chanted and the portal appeared. We immediately went into it. Our family urgently called us, so we were all going to Neo City.

~

"So we all have gathered here for an important occasion." My uncle, King Lee said. "I've been ruling for a hundred and forty-eight years. In two more years, I have to give up the throne."

We all now understood why we were called—he was going to announce who he has chosen to be the next King. I was assuming it would be Taeyong, Jaemin, Lucas or Winwin. They had many powers.

"So I have decided that Yuta will be the next King." King Lee said. My eyes widened in shock. My brothers were clapping and cheering for me. Everyone looked happy.

"What? Uncle, why me?" I asked in a confused tone. Even I had many powers, but not as much as the others.

"Yuta, you may not have realized this but other than being responsible, your powers are extremely strong."

"But Taeyong and Jaemin are stronger than me."

"Yes, but according to the Neo Culture Prophecy, the 4th son will become the King." King Lee said. "It's not just about powers."

I sighed. Was I ready for this? I know there's 2 more years to go, but I couldn't help wondering how my life would be. I would have to give up so much.

But the worst thing was, I knew I would have to give up the girl I'm madly in love with.

~

"Son?" I heard my dad say. I turned to look at him as he approached me. I gave him a slight smile.

"I know that you like a human girl," He said.

"I don't," I said. "I don't like her. I love her."

He sighed, "You know your true love is an angel. The prophecy is never incorrect."

"What?" I murmured. "So now the prophecy decides who I get to love? Wow."

"Yuta, that's how it works and we must accept it." Dad said sternly.

I nodded. I had no other choice.

"Leave the girl before it's too late." He said and went away.

I sighed. I felt broken... And now I'll have to break her heart.

~

Taehee's POV

It's been a week since I saw Yuta and the Neo boys. I was worried about him and anxious to see him.

"Taehee? He's alright, don't worry." Wendy said.

"I know, I just wanna see him." I murmured.

"He'll be here soon."

"Do you know where they went?"

"Neo City."

"Why?"

"I... don't know that." She said hesitantly. I knew she knew why they went but I decided not to question her further.

~

I was watching my favorite K-Drama. I had to do something to get my mind off Yuta. Nothing actually helped, though.

The door bell rang. I glanced at the clock on the wall. It was 11:03PM, who could it be at this time?

I lazily went and opened the door. It was Yuta.

My eyes widened as I immediately hugged him.

He didn't hug me back.

I looked up at him, he was looking away with a pained expression.

I took his arm and pulled him inside.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He took a deep breath and said, "It's better if we have nothing to do with each other anymore." 

I stopped breathing. His words kept playing in my head. It didn't make any sense.

"W-Why?" I whispered.

"You aren't good for me. I'm a vampire, you're human. We don't match." He said coldly.

How well I knew that I wasn't good enough for him.

"But—"

"I'm sorry," He said, cutting me off. "Don't talk to me again."

I felt the tears roll down my eyes one by one.

In just one blink, he was gone.

Everything was over.

Love, life, meaning... over.

-

End of the chapter 7.
Please vote!