Interview 2-Christian

Christian Anthony
Ex-Boyfriend
1 year later

Christian! Good to have you here!

Thank you for having me, it's greatly appreciated.

So, as we have briefly told you, we're doing a series called the  "Ex interview" where we ask a former couple a series of questions (individually) about their love story.

I'm slightly nervous, I'm not going to lie, but I'm trying to keep a positive vibe.

It's okay to be nervous. It's understandable. Are you ready  for the first question?

I'm as ready as I can be.

How did you two meet?

My friend was going over to his house because he was friends with Mitchel. I was dragged along. I was already friends with his brother but somehow never knew about Mitchel. I wouldn't say I was "forced" but I was forced to hang out with Mitchel. We ended up talking for hours about the most randomest things and I'm pretty sure we vowed me to best friends that day and we were.

What was your first impression?

He had a lot of spunk to him, I guess you could say. He was heavily into music and video games. I thought he was pretty cool straight off the bat, to be honest.

What was being with him like?

It was a feeling I can't really explain. It was beautiful but messy at the same time. He made things special. I felt like like I had the world in my hands when I was with him. He brought so much happiness and love. A lot of people don't see that about him. He has a heart of gold.

What's one thing you loved about him?

The way he admired the people/things he cared about. He had a way of making your heart melt like a candle. He always put so much thought into everything he did. Whether it be our anniversary, someone's birthday or any special occasion, you could tell he put a lot of thought, time and effort into whatever it was. He made the simplest things beautiful and memorable.

What happened between you two?

I made a really dumb decision. Things were fine but I was really unsure of myself. I was scared I couldn't provide him the love he wanted or may have needed. At the time, I thought doing one thing would make things easier but it made things harder. A lot of trust was broken and everything fell apart.

Do you miss him?

I miss everything about him. Whether it be our relationship or friendship. A year gives you a lot of time to think and if I had simply talked to him, maybe things would be different. Maybe I wouldn't be sitting here talking about my ex, but what happened, happened. I do miss him very much. I miss our late nights talks, I miss driving around and I miss getting drunk together. I miss everything.

Are you moving on from him?

I am definitely trying. I know I can't dwell on the past forever. I cant completely waste my time over something that's done and over with. The same way I hope he isn't dwelling on it either. Everything takes time though, and I know I'm taking my time.

What's one thing you want to tell him?

I'm sorry. I'm sorry I hurt you. I hope you're doing well and I hope you're happy. There isn't anything I would like more than to see you happy. Your smile lights up everything. I cherish the time we spent together. I cherish our memories and I cherish you. I know I said I didn't love you and maybe I meant it then but now it's different. I wish I had realized this earlier but it's too late now. I hope you live the happiest life you deserve.
I love you.

Always and forever.