•Chapter 20•

Christian's POV

I walk towards the window and pour the rest of my water into the plant we had. I look up and watch as a cloud covers the sun and makes everything darken. I step away and head back into the kitchen. My phone buzzes and I take it out from my pocket. It was Alexa. Every now and then she would message me but I ended up deleting them, leaving them unanswered. The house was empty and I was enjoying the quiet. I wash the dishes and clean up the kitchen before taking a shower. As the hot water hit my body I thought about everything that was happening between Mitchel and I.

"Christian?" I slightly jump and try to figure out who was in the house.

"Yeah?" I reply cautiously. "It's me." I hear, immediately realizing it was Mitchel. "I'm in the shower." I yell back.

"Alright." I wait for a moment to see if he would say anything else but he doesn't. I quickly finish and dry myself off before wrapping the towel around my waist. I open the bathroom door and walk out to go back to my room to get dressed.

"Hey there." I say when I see Mitchel laying down on my bed. "I got you some food. I was going to sit in my room but I missed you so I sat in here instead." He smiles at me and I felt my heart jump. "Thank you. I missed you too. Did you get what you needed done?" I ask. I turn around and walk to my closet to look for some clothes.

"Yeah I did. Just a few errands. I'll go serve us. Come out when you're ready." He walks out and closes the door behind him. I stare at my door for a second and couldn't help but smile. I throw on some jeans and a T-shirt before making my way out.

"You got us In-N-Out?" I ask happily as I recognized the logo on the bag. He nods his head and I sit down at the counter. He serves me my dish and sits next to me.

"Do you know when everyone else will be back?" I shake my head as I take a bite of my burger. "I think we have the rest of the day to ourselves. Until dinner at least." I shrug and Mitchel hums in response.

"I went to the bank to cash a check and I had a small problem with the paparazzi. I think we're going to need some type of security." He says awkwardly.

"Are you alright?" I ask concerned. "Me?" He shrugs and laughs a little. "I'm fine. I'm a strong man." He says cheekily. We continue to eat in silence but I could tell we were enjoying each other's company.

"Alright. I'm bored." He states. "What do you want to do?" I ask. He smirks at me and I ignore the dirty thought I could tell was running around his brain.

"Alexa won't stop texting me." He turns to look at me and I could tell he was controlling the frustration that built when he heard her name. "I'm not answering though. Don't worry." My words coming out quickly so he wouldn't work himself up. He nods his head and scratches his neck.

"Block her?"

"I can't do that. I mean, I could, but she never did anything wrong. She's probably just angry." He looks down at the counter and I wonder if I made the mistake of telling him, but honesty was the best policy. Besides, I didn't want to keep how I felt about it to myself. I didn't want to answer her and I wanted someone to tell. I figured Mitchel was the best person. I watch as he raises his eyebrow but doesn't look at me. He takes a sip of his drink and an uncomfortable silence falls between us.

"Tell me what happened between you and Matthew that night." I look at him and I search my brain for something to say. Why would he ask that now? I swallow hard and he stares at me, clearly looking for an answer.

"Well. You were drunk. I was trying to get us to leave and he wouldn't stop arguing with me. He shoved me at first and then I said something he didn't like." I answer honestly.