Chapter 2

Today's the day. My sister is leaving.

It'll feel so weird, I'm so used to going to her if any things wrong, and siting by her at lunch.

We're at the airport now. 

"I'm gonna miss you so much!" My brother exclaims.

"I'm gonna miss you, Deli." My father says as well. 

She hugs both of them. Zach and my dad notice that we both want to talk alone. They wander off, saying how she'll need some snacks.

"Well El?"

"I can't believe I won't see you until Thanksgiving!" I say while hugging her, clinging to my sister.

"Yeah, I'll miss you all so much."

"Who am I gonna sit next to at lunch?"

"I think this is an opportunity to branch out, you know, make friends?"

While putting my hand across my chest and looking around to see if she was talking to anyone else I give her a 'who, me?' look.

"Remind me why I would do that again?"

She just laughs.

My dad and Zach come back, we all hug her at the same time again.

"Okay, okay I have to go." Delilah says.

I look at her wistfully while my dad hands her a bag of sour patch kids. She brings up the handle of her suitcase and starts leaving.

"Think she'll look back?" Zach asks.

"No, that's not Deli." I answer back.

***

"Say cheese!" My dad says while taking a picture of me and my brother. Us three were outside in front of our house, my dad was going to go to work while me and Zach were going to school. We were both holding up signs, mine said '11th Grade' and Zach's said '6th Grade'. He was making a silly face while I was just faking a smile.

"Dad, why can't you just drop us off at school?" Zach pleads.

"Because, my work gets off later than your school gets out." My dad answers, while Zach pouts.

"But El's a terrible driver!" 

"Hey!" I look at him with a scolding face. "I'm right here!"

"That's the point!" Zach answers back while sticking his tounge out at me.

"Okay well, I gotta go, but El," He looks at me sternly, but softly, "Be careful."

He walks away while Zach runs back into the house saying he forgot something. I sigh, and get into the drivers seat of my car. Zach opens the door with a bike helmet on his head.

"Really?"

"It's very nessecary."

"Do you want to take the bus?"

"No!" He says very fast.

I raise an eyebrow and I put the keys into the ignition, and start driving to school.

***

We arrive into school, and I manage not to hit anyone as I park. We both get out of the car and Zach suddenly says,

"Hey El, do you have a piece of gum?" He smiles a crap-eating grin.

"Yes..why?"

"I just need a piece thanks."

"Umm..okay.." I trail off, as I put my backpack on the ground and grab the zipper. I look back up at him. He smiles at me, and motions with his hands as if to say, go on.

I unzip my back pack. I put my hand in as I search for the pack of gum. All of a sudden, I feel something scaly, while moving.

I scream.

I fall back onto the pavement, in shock of what just happened. A few people look at me with questioned glances, and I give a thumbs up and Zach is on the ground cackling and wiping fake tears.

As I look back into my backpack, I see a fake snake, while it moves around my back pack I look back at Zach who has a control thingy in his hands.

"Zachary Edward Martin." I say with a low, malicious voice. I swore to myself, that someday I would get back at him. "You are so dead." He runs away while laughing still. I pull myself up from the ground, rip the snake from my back pack and throw it into the car. 

I huff as I walk into school, still miffed about what had just happened a minute ago. As I walk through the hallway, looking for my best friend, I shrink as I make eye contact with Tyler. I keep my eyes downward and keep walking, until I bump into someone.

"Oof! Im so sorr-" 

I cut off as soon as I see the person who I bumped into.

Oh! I guess I forgot to mention this person. Well, I guess I better start. The person I'm looking at is Anneliese. Anneliese DeFranco. She, well made my life harder than it has to be. We used to be best friends, all throughout elementary, but we due to a certain boy, it's over. Our friendship ended in about 7th grade, we were at a party, the first boy and girl party I've ever been to. At the time Anneliese had a crush on this boy, Alex, and he had a crush on her as well. Of course there was a truth or dare game, and I was asked by one of Alex's friends to kiss him. I looked at Anneliese who gave me a 'dontyoudaredoit' look. I said, I could choose truth instead, but Alex's friend just said it's just a tiny little kiss. Alex leaned over and I quickly puckered up my lips and kissed him. I looked back at Anneliese who gave me the stink eye and a 'youredead' look. From there, it just went down hill. What happened to bellas before fellas?

I'm pulled from my memories as Anneliese says,

"Oh hey, Eleanor," she says in a fake sweet tone and looks me up and down "Those boots are so, .. you!" Her voice gushes with sweet fake sarcasm as I just look at her.

I open my mouth to say a snarky response back, but I'm cut off as an arm wraps around the back of my neck

xxx

Authors Note

Hello y'all!

Again, thank you for reading this and I'm so very excited for the future and it's a lot of fun coming  up with names. Thank you a lottt you guys have no idea how happy I am writing this book and to see you guys reading it!!

xo, rebecca