CHAPTER THREE - A Familiar Stranger

Start from the beginning

"Sounds great, you're ready to go," She says with a thumbs up. "Joe will drive you tomorrow, he'll be sticking around outside of the school a bit, just to make sure you're okay and remember you're Ava Larsen, a normal girl not a princess." She explains like I'm a child who's incapable of understanding. I roll my eyes, putting away more of my clothes. She goes to a list of 'what to do' in worst case scenarios and 'what not to do' in a worst case senario. By the time she'd finished, I'd put my clothes away, chatting to my parents and now the doorbell rang, indication that Joe was back.

I skidded to the front door, the smell of freshly made pizza already coming through the closed door. I open it hasilty, grabbing the pizza box and leaving Joe with the heavy groceries.

"Well thank you very much, Princess, for all your help." he says saracastically. I smile at him. "Like you said, I'm a Princess, I don't have to carry in the shopping." I giggle and he mock laughs. The only good part of being a Princess is there's no chores, but living here will teach me how to do things for myself. I depended on others way too much.

"Well, Princess, you're Ava now, just Ava." he groans, throwing the shopping on the counter, taking a slice of Pizza and stuffing it in his mouth. Maria rushed in, her hair over her face and panting.

"I've finished unpacking, that just leaves you Joe. Oh you got shopping and Pizza." She says in a shrill voice, multi-tasking by munching on her food and putting the groceries away. I finished my pizza and headed back to my new room. I'd already started to make it my own with my photography scrapbook on my bedside table, my phone accompanying it. My desk displaying my camera's and my posters up on the wall. I sighed in relief, climbing into my pyjama's and hitting the bed, ready for tomorrow.

***

"Okay, have fun, stay safe and call me if anything goes wrong." Joe warns. We'd parked outside the school and I saw kids walking in with their friends. Suddenly my stomach knotted and realised I'd have to make new friends and get along with others. I felt nervous and wanted to go back to the apartment but I held myself together and opened the car door.

"I'll be out here for a while," Joe assured, waving me off when I shut the car door behind me. I saw him drive of, making a U turn and parking at the other side of the road, just far enough away from the school. I entered the gates I'd seen on the website. They looked much bigger now that I was seeing them for real. I walked in gingerly, passing other students. I managed to put one foot in front of the other but I tripped over my own feet and landed on the floor with a thump. My hair covered my face but I heard sniggers near me. I checked my elbows since they broke my fall but they were okay. 

I noticed a girl in dirty blond hair, flowing by her shoulders, laughing at me with this other girl by her side. She grinned at me, trying to hide her palpable sniggers. I just frowned and stood up while she walked away. I wiped off the dirt from my skirt and began to walk again.

"Rough fall," I heard a voice and turned my head to the right. My neck cricking from the fast movement. It was a girl with red hair, dyed of course, but the scarlett hair on her looked beautiful. Her face was cute and pretty, her eyes looked innocent as she walked next me. I laughed a little then nodded.

"You okay?" She asked and I nodded yet again. I seemed to have lost my voice. It was rude not answering back to her.

I clear my throat and outstretch my hands towards her. "My name's Ava, I'm new here." I say croakily. She smiled, adorable dimples appearing on both cheeks. She shakes my hand, unlike that ignorant boy yesterday. "Yeah, I kinda figured, I'm April," she introduces herself and I grin at her.

"Don't mind Paige, she's always like that to everyone. Just stay out of her way and her boyfriend." She says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Paige?"

"That girl who laughed at you. She's Paige and the girl was her friend Jade. She's mean but as long as you don't bother her, you should be okay." April says, putting a piece of gum in her mouth.

"Give me your timetable," April says and I hand it to her. She examines it then nods slightly. "We have Drama and Creative writing together." She imforms, giving me back my timetable. I flip my hair back and bump into someone making my stumble backwards. I keep my balance and look up; some sparkling blue eyes pierce into mine and I recognise the blonde locks falling over his forehead.

"Watch where you're going, stalker." He snarls at me and I narrow my eyes at him. I say nothing whilst his tuts and struts past me, a gang of boy chasing after him. I scoff and turn back to April.

Fear obvious on her face. She began chewing on her gum very fast and looked at me like I was dying or something.

"You okay?" I ask her and she shakes her head. Her burning hair falling side to side.

"You know Lucas?" She points behind me. I figured she meant the rude boy.

"Yeah" I say and shrug.

"That's bad. If you know him, and he doesn't like you, then Paige won't like you." her voice trembles, her innocent eyes filling with dread. I wanted to lean in a hug her.

"Why would she?" I try smiling at her.

"Because Lucas is her boyfriend and if one doesn't like someone, the other doesn't either. It's bad having two people taunt you."

I laugh loudly and walk to the main entrance, I push the door aside and look at the familiar interior Henry showed me on my laptop.

"Okay, i'll try my best to avoid them two. I need to get to registration. Which way to LAA17?"

April finally smiles and takes my hand, leading me down the corridor, cheerilly than she was moments ago. "That's my class too," she chirps and I smile at myself. Things weren't that bad yet. I might have fallen on the ground, made a possible fool out of myself, bumped into 'Rude Boy' that could be an enemy, but at least I met April.

_____________________________________________________________________________

BAZINGA! Sorry I had to. So new chappie! Hope you likey...ohh that rhymed..kinda! Please vote and comment! Thank you :) x