I walked away slowly, my head looking down at the ground. I was honestly feeling a little disappointed in Ryland. I didn't know he was like that.

"Everly?" I heard my name from a distance. I glanced quickly but then realized who it was.

"Oh, hey. Ezra, right?"

"Yep, that's me. I'm here to check on my boy." He pointed at the house.

"I wouldn't go in there if I were you."

"I know the state he's in right now, Ev." He said softly, almost disappointed like I was.

"Why would he do that to himself? I think he has so much potential in life."

"He has all of the potential in the world. He just holds on tightly to tragic events." Ezra spoke to me in a soft tone as though we are talking about Ryland at his own funeral.

"What do you mean, Ezra?"

"I really don't think you could understand."

I paused to look at Ezra before I continued to walk down Ryland's porch and into my house. I took my cap and gown off and plopped myself onto my living room sofa. I thought about the things Ezra said. What did he mean by 'tragic events'? I think he was right when he said I wouldn't be able to understand. I don't understand why he would bring himself to drink an entire bottle -or that's what it seemed to be- of whiskey in one sitting. What has to be going through his mind?

I hope he will be okay.

~

He sat there. His laugh was contagious. His presence was magical and he was full of so much levity.

"You don't know six times four?" He giggled to himself.

It wasn't all that funny but I didn't know it and I was a senior in high school. I just awkwardly laughed it off.

Next thing I know, I was slung over his shoulder. He ran around my living room as out laughs filled the entire house.

His eyes glowed brighter than sun beams hitting the ocean. Magnificent; his eyes were beautiful.

I walked through the halls at school with him and people had began to stare. What were they looking at? Surely, it wasn't me. It had to be him. Who wouldn't stare at him through the halls?

The scenery had changed once again. All I saw was the blue sky, it was blurry. My my mind was wavering in and out of consciousness and my head was pounding. The last face I saw was his and the last noise I heard was the blaring sirens of an ambulance.

Before I knew it, I heard screaming and shouting. I slowly open my eyes to the same boy being yanked out of my hospital room. I couldn't bring myself the energy to be able to stop it all. I just had to let it happen. He had escaped security and darted down the hospital hall.

It was the same boy. His face was everywhere. Who could it be? Who was this stranger?

"I'm sorry", his lips move in slow motion.

My body sprung up in the same place I plotted myself after graduation. My dream had woke me up in the middle of the night.
I know, now. I remember everything, now.

"It's him."
________________________________

hello everyone

i just want to say how much i love every single one of you and those who have been with my since the beginning. trust me when i say i know who you guys are and i notice all the love and support

thank you for making my very first finished book such an amazing experience and an unbelievable 3 years. i know i was slow to update towards the end and i apologize but i love you guys so much even the best writers' words couldn't explain the happiness writing this book and seeing all the comments and how much everyone appreciates "The Tutor". It brings me to tears to think about it, happy tears i promise.

just so you know i plan to continue with this story line and create a sequel. I already have an idea in mind.

i love you all so much to the moon and back thank you for all of the support i couldn't have done any of this without you guys.

being that this book had absolutely no self promo you guys have done it all i love you!!!!!

and i never say this about anything but i'm actually extremely proud of myself for this book and it reaching over 100k reads. keep it going, everyone<3

ps i will be editing all of the errors so stay tuned !

buh-byeeeeeeeee

-BlackMidnights