Chapter 4

I'm surprised to see Mack is waiting for me when I get out. Jeremy walked home, but Mack waited. What would I do without him?

I approach him as he greets me with a soft smile. For a minute, my head uncluttered. "How was jail?" He asked. Should I tell him what happened? Should he know? Am I a bad friend if I don't?

"Awful. He made me read this lame book." I hold up the novel so Mack can see.

"He?"

"Yeah, Mr. Luca was hosting for some reason. I guess Hawthorne couldn't be bothered with me."

"Doesn't he seem a little off to you, Vi?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like he seems kind of weird. I don't know." There he goes. He's always questioning things. He can never let his mind rest. That's what I love about it.

"You're right." I put my arm around his shoulders and walk to my car.

We drive around looking for somewhere to eat. We pull into Dairy Queen and order two blizzards. Me and Mack have this tradition where we order two different blizzards and share. It's our own personal ritual. I order strawberry cheesecake and he orders Oreo.

we find a booth near a window and just talk. It's nice.

"Mr. Mahey is kicking my ass already." Mack chimes.

"History?"

"Yep."

I dig my spoon into his cup and pull out a chunk of Oreo. "Why don't they have Oreo strawberry cheesecake? That would be like, amazing."

"Maybe you should make a secret menu." We laugh.

The laughter dies down, my blizzard is gone. Mack is still eating what's left of his and I take a minute to notice him. Like really notice him. He has a strong jawline. Girls swoon over him but he doesn't notice. I'm glad he doesn't. If he realized how much of a catch he was I doubt we'd still be friends.

"What are you staring at?" He says with a chuckle.

"You have ice cream on your nose." I take a napkin and wipe the dollop off.

As we drive home I can't help but think about Luca. He called me beautiful. No one has ever called me beautiful before.

When we arrive at Mack's house he lets out a sigh.

"I'm sorry Macky" His stepmom is a complete ass. She practically hates Mack. Which makes no sense because he's amazing.

"Alas, another day another bitchy stepwitch."

"Good luck!" I yell as I drive off.

When I open the door to my house I see my parents. They're not happy.

"Dalia are you serious? Detention on the first day?" My dad yells.

"I know you're upset but just listen-"

"No! I expected better from you. Senior year and you're already back to your old habits. Go to your room."

This isn't fair. They don't know anything about what I've been through. I stomp up the stairs and slam my door.

I think of calling Mack, but I don't want to burden him. He's probably getting yelled at by his stepmom.

I lay back on the bed. I pull a pillow to my face and scream. Didn't work. I need to relieve some stress.

I trail my hand down to my belt. I slowly pull it off and toss it to the floor. I just want to forget about everything. I toy with the buckle of my pants before opening it up, exposing my panties. I pull them down, struggling to get them off of my feet. I take my middle finger and rub my clitoris in a circular motion. I close my eyes. I begin to moisten as I forget about everyone. Everyone except...Luca. He floods my mind as I journey my own body. The thought of him instinctively makes me quicken my pace. I slip 1 finger in. Then another. I feel my body opening. I feel my stomach filling with bubbles as I reach closer to freedom.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.

I think of his eyes, his arms, his tattoos. My hand cramps, but I'm too caught up in the moment. I keep going, faster and faster.

"Luca", I whisper as I reach climax. My body shaking as I release my anger and frustration.

I remove my hand and sit for a minute. My breath is heavy.

"Dalia" I hear my mom call as she knocks on my door.

What does she want?