Bleeding Hearts

Last time:

Mito made a chakra scalpel and approached the dome, She growled when the dome flicked her chakra away. So she tried again, but this time she stuck her hands in the dome first and pushed her chakra in. Mito didn't notice a tear leave Kurama's eye as he felt agonizing pain as the 'Root' grew.

The 'Net' got bigger ...

The leaves started to part ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Mito never saw Hinata approach her from behind and fall in to her clans' signature stance, "Gentle fist : 64 palms!" Hinata knocked the bratty genin out cold with only a few jabs. Hinata glared at Mito before racing down the hall to find Naruto and Kakashi.

XXXXXXXXXX

Kakashi looked at Naruto, "You don't completely trust us, do you?"

Naruto adjusted his spectacles, "Why do you think that?"

"The fact that I'm only just now finding out that you deal with man eating plants! And now that I think about it, you only told us about mana, but you didn't tell us how you learned it or if someone taught you. You seem open with me and all of the others, but we don't even know where you live-"

Naruto picked up the bowl with the salve and started to leave the room, "The salve is done. We should get to Kurama ... and to answer your question, Kakashi-sensei, I don't know. I just don't know how to trust you or the Namikazes. A part of me knows that you all feel bad and there were a lot of factors involved, but another part is waiting for the other shoe to drop."

Kakashi was about to say something but Hinata came running towards them screaming, "Naruto, Mito put her hands in your barrier and pushed chakra into the 'Net'!"

Naruto and Kakashi broke into a run back to the main chamber with Hinata hot on their heels. They knew the salve was useless now.

The second they entered the chamber they saw the 'Net' finish spreading its leaves.

The countdown began! They had only 30 seconds and one chance to save Kurama's life!

30

29

"Kakashi-sensei, give me a kunai!" Naruto ordered quickly.

28

The copycat tossed Naruto a kunai and the glasses wearer thrust both his hands and the kunai into the nearest fire golem to sterilize himself.

27

"Sensei, tell me the second you smell almonds or garlic." Naruto put the numbing salve on Kurama to ease some of his pain and made an incision just under the rib cage and stuck his fingers in, "I'm so so sorry Kurama, I know this hurts just bear with me."

26

25

24

23

22

21

20

19

18

17

16

15

14

Kakashi leaned in, "Almonds!" Their fears of losing a teammate grew as each second ticked by.

13

Naruto quickened his pace and felt something that burned his fingers. It was the acidic substance! He found the spot! He just had to get the 'Root'!