Chapter 2

*(y/n)'s POV*

"Paul!" I yelled, as I ran closer to where Paul and his friends were standing. When I stopped as I got closer, I could clearly see the ball-shaped figure. It was white and orange, with a dome-shaped head on top. It appeared to be some sort of robot since it was moving and beeping. The poor thing was trapped in what it looked like a parachute.

Paul and his friends looked up and saw me. "Well, hey, (y/n). You look very lovely this evening." Paul said, trying to act all flirty. I rolled my eyes, in annoyance, and said, "Cut the crap, Paul. What are you and your friends doing here and why are you guys taunting that little robot?"

I could tell that Paul was trying to make up a lie as his eyes were shifting and he was looking to the side. He looked up at me and said, "Well, umm...my friends and I were walking by, you know...hanging...chillin'...laughing. Then, we saw this little robot nearby and he looked like he was in trouble. We're just here to help him, (y/n). That's all." He giggled, awkwardly, after he said that. I, slowly, shook my head. 'Liar.' I thought.

"Oh, really? And after that, Paul, you're gonna take that innocent robot with you and take him apart?" I asked, sarcastically. Paul tried to make up another lie, but he ended up saying, "Uhh..."

I smirked, sarcastically, at him. "Yeah. That's not gonna happen, Paul. Now, get away from that robot, you're scaring him." I said, as I walked towards the little robot. Paul and his friends laughed at me. "Scaring him? Robots don't have feelings." Paul said. "Well, maybe it's because you know nothing about anybody's feelings, Paul." I said, as I stood next to the robot.

"I—I do know...some people's...feelings. Anyway, will you go out with me, (y/n)?" Paul asked. "The answer is 'no', Paul. Just because you have a crush on me, doesn't mean my answer is gonna be 'yes'. You're not even my type anyway." "What is your type?" He asked. "The ones that don't look like you, that's what." I answered, which shocked Paul and his friends.

"Now get out of here!" I said, as I pointed my finger and motioned Paul and his friends to leave. Then, they started walking away. But, then, Paul turned to me and asked, "Will you still consider going out with me if you change your mind, (y/n)?" "Go!" I yelled, as I held up the bat in defense and glared at him. Paul and his friends, then, ran away from me.

After Paul and his friends left, I looked down at the robot. I kneeled down in front of it, set the bat down on the ground, and I, gently, pulled on the strings of the parachute. But the robot tried to roll back and it started beeping, frantically. "Shh. It's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm gonna help get you out of this." I said, trying to keep the robot calm. Then, it stopped beeping, which I was surprised because it seemed like it knew what I was saying.

I continued to pull on the strings, but they were really tangled, I couldn't get the robot out. "It's really tangled." I said to myself. The robot beeped back in response.

But, then, an idea popped into my head. "Here. I'll use this." I said, as I grabbed a corkscrew out of my pocket. One of the residents from my apartment gave it to me earlier after he got a new one. I flipped the small knife out and I started cutting the strings.

When I finished cutting the last string, I pulled the strings off the robot, freeing it. Then, I put the knife back in and I slipped the corkscrew back into my pocket. The robot rolled away from the cut up strings and beeped, happily. I giggled a bit at it's reaction. "You're a happy little oddball, aren't you?" I said. The robot beeped as if it said 'yep'.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and also looked curious as well. "What are you?" I asked it. The robot stopped in front of me and was beeping something. But I didn't understand what it was saying. "If only I knew what you're saying, little robot." I said, as I was glancing down at the ball of the robot.

Then, I noticed a tiny subscription on it. "'BB-8 Unit droid'?" A droid? I raised an eyebrow, in confusion. "Interesting. You're not a robot. I've never heard of a droid before. But what does BB-8 mean? Hmm. Well, if BB-8 is your name, I'll call you that." I said. Then, BB-8 beeped, happily again. I was surprised when he did that. "Well, I guess I'm assuming that is your name, then." I said, while I chuckled a bit.

I stood up and I glanced at the large casket-like object. BB-8 was rolling next to me as I was looking at the object. "What is this thing?" I asked myself. BB-8 beeped something that I, once again, couldn't understand. "A cushion. Multiple buttons. A door. A parachute. This thing looks like an escape pod or something." I said to myself.

Then, I saw a label on the side of the escape pod. I kneeled down beside it so I could look at it more closely and I read what was on the label, "'Property of Millennium Falcon, YT-Model Freighter.'" Now I was even more confused. I've never heard of a YT-Model Freighter. I don't think it's part of the military. It almost seemed like it's from a spacecraft or something. This was absolutely weird.

I looked up at the sky as I stood up. The sun was setting and it was starting to get dark out. "Well, I better head back to my apartment. It's getting late and I haven't eaten dinner yet." I said to myself, as I picked up my bat, and, then, I started walking back to my apartment.

But, then, I stopped in my tracks because I forgot about BB-8. I turned and around faced BB-8, who was next to the escape pod. "You know, BB-8, you can come stay with me. I don't want you to be left out here in the dark. Plus, I don't wanna leave you out here where Paul and his stupid friends might come back to get you. Come on." I said, as I motioned my head towards my apartment.

Then, BB-8 beeped, merrily, and he rolled towards me and started following me as I was walking back to my apartment. "You're a cute little droid." I said. BB-8 beeped something. I laughed. "Of course you are, even though I still don't know what you're saying. Yet, I'm curious to know where you come from, BB-8."