Chapter 10/part 2

I groaned and sat on a bench near a store.

I've been following this stupid Stalkling all day and you know what I got?Nothing!

It's already 9:00 and the Stalkling is just flying around out of other people's site.

I noticed he was on the move again so I got up and followed him until he reached the High school.

He flew to the top of the high school and sat there,waiting for his prey.

"No one would be here this late",I muttered as I kneeled down behind a bush.

A couple kids left the school as a boy and a girl slowly walked out together.

The Stalkling growled and flapped his wings.

"What was that?",The girl asked.

"Uh, maybe I can walk you home?",The boy asked,ignoring her question.

"I think my parents would kill you if they saw you with me.
And anyway, they're picking me up",they girl replied.

"My mom's picking me up, too!I just- Maybe we could keep each other company",The boy said.

"Okay",The girl said weirdly.

"Uh,Are you all right?",The girl asked.

"Uh, yeah, just, um I'm worried about the weather",he said while looking around nervously.

A red car pulled up next to the school and honked its horn.

"Thanks again for stepping up today.
You really saved the play",The girl said as she ran off.

"Claire, wait!",the boy yelled but was interrupted by his phone going off.

I heard muffled speaking.

"What?",The boy yelled in terror as lighting struck.The storm was picking up fast.

"By myself?",He asked before his phone beeped,signaling that the call ended.

The boy ran to the red car.
"Wait, wait!Hi, Mr. and Mrs.
Nuñez.I was hoping maybe I could catch a ride?",The boy asked.

The person in the car rolled his window back up and started to drive away.

"Wait, wait, wait! - But it's my birthday!",The boy yelled.

The boy got on his bike and put in his helmet.

"Come on, Tobes.Pick up.Please, pick up! Come on, come on, come on!",The boy pleaded to the phone.

A voicemail came up as the boy spoke.
"Tobes, please pick up the phone.
This thing is following me and I'm all alone! Alone!",the boy yelled into the phone before sticking it back in his pocket.

"Oh shoot",I muttered as he started getting away.

The Stalkling chased the boy all the way through town.He kept diving down to attack the boy.

Once we reached the bridge,the Stalkling grabbed the boy by his arms and flew into the air.

I hid behind a part of the bridge.

They continued to rise higher and higher as a flash of blue light appeared in the clouds.The boy was in his armor.

The boy tried to escape but failed.The boy then raised his sword and made lightning strike them.The Stalkling turned to stone and the boy was unconscious as he fell from the sky.

"No",I sneered.

A chubby boy and a big troll ran under him and caught him.

The boy woke up and stood.