𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

ʀɪʟᴇʏ

I stuff my mouth with a bagel as the front door rings.

Quickly, I run up to open it because I know it's Maya. After last night, we're finally on good terms. I'm not completely sure what terms we're on, though. We both know we like each other, but she makes me so nervous that I'm terrified of making a move. 

I've missed that feeling I get whenever she comes over, only now it's much stronger. I twist the doorknob to reveal my favorite blonde.

"Hey," she smirks and pokes my cheeks which were filled with food.

I feel my face warm up at her soft touch.

"Hi," I mumble through the bagel.

She laughs and sits on the couch. "So, whatcha wanna do?"

Today was the first day of winter break. I invited Maya over so we could hang out because every winter break we have a huge sleepover. Two weeks with her sounds like literal heaven, especially this time.

"I don't know, let's just hang out and watch a movie," I say after finishing my bagel.

"Okay," she smiles.

"Want some hot cocoa?"

Her eyes light up and she nods her head with the cutest smile.

"You're adorable," I laugh and ruffle her hair.

Her cheeks turn red and she follows me into the kitchen. I make two cups of hot cocoa and catch her staring at me.

"What?" I nervously laugh.

"Nothing," she quickly says. "It's just...you're so beautiful. I mean, you've always been, but I didn't really notice until now."

I feel heat creeping up my neck and I turn away with a smile. I grab the mugs and hand one to her as we sit on the couch.

Mom and Dad went grocery shopping, and that usually takes hours because they end up arguing about whether or not potato chips were necessary. Personally, they're the only thing keeping me alive right now.

I put on some old Christmas movie and grab a blanket. After she finishes her hot cocoa, she leans her head against my shoulder, making me feel fuzzy inside. Throughout the movie, I lightly caress her soft hand.

"Hey, Riles? You make me really happy."

I smile and take a sip from my mug. "And you make me happy, peaches."

She scoots closer and we finish the movie, laughing here and there. Something as little as watching a movie with her made me feel at peace.

She lifts her head and gazes at me. "I missed you a lot."

"I missed you, too," I quietly say and look down at her lips.

They looked so soft and kissable and I felt a strong urge to put mine on her's, but I turn away before I completely embarrass myself.

"So, um, there's a fair going on today, you wanna go with me?" I ask.

She grins and nods. "I'd go anywhere with you."

I look down and smile, but she lifts my chin up and inches closer.

"What are you doing?" I whisper.

"Do you want me to stop?"

I shake my head and feel her hot breath hit my lips. Just as she's about to kiss me, we hear loud footsteps and jump away from each other.