Chapter 44: Android Babysitter

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" He glanced over at you in boredom.

"Work stuff" You replied not looking up from your computer.
"Can you let me go already?" He asked and you ignored him.

"Rude" he sighed rolling his eyes.
"Watch a movie" You said turning the Tv on and put on a random movie.

"I don't have time for this" He hissed as the movie started.
"Well your not gonna be going anywhere for a while so deal with it" You replied.

As the movie played you glanced over to see Conan has accepted his position.
He watched the movie quietly becoming entranced by the plot.

Meanwhile Teddy was playing with his pant leg tugging on the fabric.

~~~

You had spent the entire day watching Conan.
You mostly kept him busy with movies and Tv shows while you worked on your computer and relaxed on your day off.

It was already dark outside and Conner wasn't home yet.

You pulled out your phone to text him to make sure he is alright.

(Y/n): Connor where are you?

(Y/n): Are you alright?

You waited a good minute or two and he responded.

Connor: I'm alright, I'm with Hank right now

Connor: Sorry I'm spending the night at Hank's house tonight for some latenight research

(Y/n): Alright sounds good

The next message he sent was Sumo and him snuggling on the couch next to a computer with some documents on the screen.

You smiled at the photo and saved it to your phone.
You secretly keep the photos he would send you of himself, Sumo or something funny he found.

Connor: Goodnight I'll be home tomorrow love you

(Y/n): Goodnight love you too

You sighed to yourself with a stupid smile on your face and put your phone away.

"Were you talking to my predecessor?" Conan inquired curiously.

"Yes and?" You raised a eyebrow at him crossing your arms suspicious of him.

"By the look on your face he's coming back isn't he?" Conan stated with distaste in his tone.

"Actually no, he's spending the night at Hank's house" you responded honestly.

"Are you sure he is? He could be out being unfaithful to you" He inquired in a condescending tone.

"How do you even know that term? Are you even using it correctly?" You sassed him crossing your arms.

"Yes I'm sure, I figured it out from that one Romantic movie you made me sit through" Conan hissed with a annoyed glare.

"Suffer,don't even try to sow doubt" you hissed adding with a glare "Connor wouldn't ever cheat on me."

That statement is true.
Who would he even cheat on you with? An android from the Eden club?  Nah.
You know that boy sees you as his home he made it very clear to you too.

"How do you know that?" He questioned tilting his head a bit as Teddy jumped up onto his lap.

"Because I trust and love him, something I'm sure you don't know" You responded and walked over to where Conan say just to pet Teddy.

Conan was silent as he watched your movements as you gently pet your dog.

His eyes glanced to your hand before looking up to look into your eyes "Why does he mean so much to you?"

"I'm just curious as to why and how" He said sounding genuine which was odd to you.

You thought for a good moment.
There were so many things about Connor love could you even list them all.

Your lips curled upward thinking of him you turned to Conan "Because I love him, he's my best friend, my partner in life" You muttered the words slipping out of your mouth.

He stayed silent unable to comprehend "love" and maybe one day he could figure it out himself?

"I don't understand what you mean..." Conan replied trailing off looking away with a troubled look on his face.
You noticed his LED had flickered to red and yellow as he thought to himself.

"You could learn" You stated giving him a reassuring smile.
"I don't know about that..." He looked away trailing off avoiding the conversation now.

"You say your better and different from Connor but I see some of him in you" You told him as you turned on your heel to go grab a blanket from a nearby closet.

"How so?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow.
"Well for starters you both have that RK series charm you try to pull" You joked lightly.

"What else?" He prompted you to continue but you refused to answer.

"What are you doing?" He eyeballed you defensively.
"I gotta keep an eye on you so I'm sleeping on the couch" You told him

"Your an android too, you don't need sleep" he pointed out blankly.

"I know but I like it, it reminds me of when I was human..." You muttered looking down in thought at your blanket.

"Fine do as you please" He rolled his eyes coldly.
He tensed up when you wrapped a blanket around his shoulder his LED flickering yellow like crazy.
"You should try sleeping it's awesome" You suggested.

"I'm an android I don't need sleep" Conan hissed but you saw him snuggle slightly into the blanket.

"And as you can see my position wouldn't be comfortable for sleeping" He sarcastically replied gesturing to his binds consisting of chain, rope and ducttape.

"Whatever" You rolled your eyes and layed down on the couch with your blanket.
Teddy happily slept on your lap as you slowly drifted off to slumber.

Conan watched you sleep in curiosity thinking to himself before trying to sleep himself.

~~~

(Sorry nothing much happened in this chapter)

(Also side note: Thanks for 30k reads! This was a goal of mine for a long time and it's so cool to see support for this story and watch it grow from nothing

(Also side note: Thanks for 30k reads! This was a goal of mine for a long time and it's so cool to see support for this story and watch it grow from nothing. Thank you so much!💕💕)