Prologue

[A/N: Hi people. As I said, I have started posting the revised version of the story. The basic plot is more or less the same. There are several new mysteries that I have introduced which were not in the older version. They would have appeared in the previous version too but it would have become too much of a confusion at the end. I will be posting the revised chapters but know that they won't be any faster than they were last time. I am a student and next year I will be giving my boards so for now all I have to do is study, study and STUDY! I will mark the chapter after which the previous version is given so that you all don't go and read it and get confused. ]

PETER'S P.O.V. (TWO MONTHS BEFORE THE DEATH OF SEVEN FRIENDS OF NARNIA)

"Hey Ed." I sat up in my bed when Edmund entered the room we shared.

His raven hair was in disarray and he had a sulky look on his face. His expression told me that he had been complaining about something which Dad had not listened to and dismissed him by ruffling his hair and saying with a smile, 'You should learn to welcome all situations that may come your way without complaining.'

He came and slumped on the bed without a word. I was curious to know what the matter was so I asked him, ''What's the matter Ed? You seem to be in a bad mood today."

"Yep. I am in a bad mood and you too will get in it if I tell you why?" He said without really looking at me.

The way he spoke made me curious. "What is it, Ed?" I asked again, sitting up straighter.

"Mother said this hols Susan will be coming to stay with us. And even worse, she will be bringing a friend of hers along."

My spirits dampened immediately. After completing our school first I, then Susan, and then Edmund, had moved out.

I had been admitted into a military training school for two years and would be very soon joining the British army. I just had to do six months more of training at another place. The camp I was being trained in was a part of the British Army and the trainees there were paid. So, one could say I was a working person, but I did not agree. I would be a working and independent man when I join the main armed forces. Dad was very pleased, first with my choice of career and later at the praise about me that reached his ears. I was not at all surprised at being able to do the training all day long and still remain fit. This was due to my time in Narnia, though I did make up for my lost sleep during the short vacations we got.

Edmund's choice of career also pleased both Mummy and Dad. After completing his school he had decided to go to a law school in Cambridgeshire. He wanted to become a judge. He had a bit more difficulty in coping up with the studies because the Narnian laws and the laws here were very much different, but he had good brains and despite confusing a bit over the laws of two countries, he was way ahead of his classmates.

Susan had decided to go to a college in America. She was very much popular among the students there, but the teachers did not have much opinion of her brains.

After our last visit to Narnia, Susan avoided talking about anything related to there. She was very much upset about not being able to go there. It upset and hurt her so we did not talk about Narnia when she was around. But this was not what made us avoid her company. The thing which made us keep away from her company was that she had become a very typical girl without any trace of Queen Susan, The Gentle. At first, Lucy said she was just trying to distract herself but now we all were sure it had become a part of who she was. Nowadays all she thought of was nylons and lipsticks and invitation to parties and such. From what she says in her letters, her friend was just like her.

While I was thinking all this Mummy knocked on the door and came in the room. She huffed when she saw the mess Ed and I had made of the room. Clothes were left strewn across the floor along with many other things such as newspapers, plates, our shoes, old and new books, photo albums and so on and on and on. She started cleaning the room quickly. Good thing she was doing this. Otherwise I would have to do it all alone because everyone knew that Edmund would not be able to help much even if he tried and Lorna, our new housekeeper, had simply refused to clean our room after she saw the mess we created.