kit herondale : then you should kiss me

Kit stared next to him, his gaze pulling away from his phone and down to (Y/N). His fingers still on the screen, before he quickly looked back at it.

With it being late they had decided to hang out in her room until they went to bed, not having plans for the following morning. This wasn't a common thing, usually the Institute was all hustle and bustle - between studying, training and patrolling - but today it hadn't been. Currently Julian was out with Emma on patrol, leaving Mark, Cristina, Helen and Aline in charge of the kids.

(Y/N)'s room was the furthest from the others, seeing as she supposed to be in LA for only a few years while her parents worked in Idris. Her parents had been good friends with the Julian's parents, his uncle taking her in when needed. Since her room was so far away they had chosen hers to go to.

She laid next to him on her chest, elbows placed in front of her holding her cell phone. Her legs were kicked up at the knees, and her ankles were crossed as she kicked them back and forth in the air. (Y/N) wore one of Ty's t-shirts she had stolen, that was one size to big, and a black pair of joggers. Her hair was pulled back into two matching Dutch braids, Emma had done them for her before early morning training, and she was surprised they had still stayed in.

Kit leaned against the mountains of pillows that were on her bed, his ankles crossed as well but laid on the duvet of her bed. He swiftly flickered his gaze back to him phone, playing another game he had downloaded.

He wore one of Ty's shirts as well, having been given some of his clothes when Kit moved into the Institute. The shirt was short sleeved, a little tight, and black with some design in grey that Kit didn't recognize. On his legs were a pair of grey joggers, one of the only pairs of clothes that were actually his.

From under her lashes (Y/N) looked at him, finding herself increasingly bored with just sitting in her bed. Living such a fast paced life meant she was quickly distracted away from mediocre things such as scrolling through social media. Yes it was nice to relax, but she was starting to crave some kind of adventure.

She tossed her phone onto the bed in front of her, letting out a long drawn out sigh.

"I'm bored." (Y/N) groaned, finally gaining Kits attention. She shot him a soft smile, hoping that maybe he would be able to find something for them to do.

He looked down at her with a smirk, laughing to himself before speaking. "If you're bored, you should kiss me." Kit joked, tossing one arm above his head and resting the other one across his stomach. His chest moved up and down, his laugh shaking the bed as well as Kits eyes fluttered shut.

(Y/N) stared at him, shocked by his statement. She knew him as a jokester, constantly making sarcastic comments and throwing one-liners, but that had been the last thing that (Y/N) had expected him to say.

Kits eyes remained shut for the longest time, still laughing silently at his own joke.

She pushed herself off the matters of the bed, then moved so she was hovered above him. (Y/N) felt her arms shake from nerves, her breath catching in her throat before she placed her lips on his. (Y/N) place one hand on the side of his face, holding herself up with only one arm, and moved against him smoothly.

Kit tensed under her, feeling her lips brush his almost made him snap open his eyes. But instead he stilled beneath her and sunk into the kiss. Kit dropped his phone from his hands and took one to place on her hip, pulling her closer to her.

When she pulled back (Y/N) returned to her spot on the bed, looking down at her phone with a smirk on her lips. Her heart beat in her throat, now that was the adventure she had been looking for. She remembered her first time meeting Kit, and thinking how much like Jace he looked, and also thinning his good looking he was. She also remembered thinking about how his lips would feel against hers, now she knew.

Kit instinctively brought his hand to his lips, brushing them to where hers had been only moments ago. He could still feel (Y/N)'s lips moving against his, the feeling of her pink lips pushing and pulling with his. In his chest, his heart beat a mile a minute. This was the fastest it had even beat, of that Kit was sure. He wasn't aware that he could ever feel so dazed after a kiss, he wasn't aware a kiss could be that good.

He looked down at (Y/N), surprises to see her acting as if moments ago she hadn't been in his lap with his hands on her hips and lips pressed together. Instead he reached a hand down and grabbed her wrist, to which she didn't react until Kit slipped each of his fingers between hers.

(Y/N) looked up at Kit, brushing off her confident demeanor. She felt like she couldn't breath, like she had been dropped on her back onto the training matt.

Kit smiled, his bright white teeth nearly gleaming against the dark New York sky pouring in through the window behind them. He didn't look down at their hands, but let his fingers dance through hers as if they were moving together on an actual dance floor.

It was Kit who spoke first, "Is that really what I had to do to get you to kiss me?" He asked, his lips pulled over his teeth into the classic Herondale smile.

(Y/N) blushed, feeling heat rise to her cheeks in embarrassment. She ran her tongue over her lips as she thought of a smirk remark, but she came up with nothing.

"I should have done that weeks ago." Kit mumbled as he dropped his head, bringing his lips back down to hers.

(Y/N) fell back in shock, her back now against her duvet and Kit was above her. Their legs tangled together as his body pressed down on hers. (Y/N) was very aware of where Kits hands were, first in her hair then on her arm and then finally finding a home just above her hips on her rib cage under the hem of her shirt. Kit felt her hands lock into his hair, pulling at the blonde ends before arching herself back into him. Both sets of lips moved together perfectly and (Y/N) couldn't believe that a simple joke was all it took to get here.

~~~~~~~
A/N
Word Count: 1159

I really like this one