after

—— "I PROMISED I would tell you a story, didn't I?" A gentle smile graces his face as she stares at him, expectantly. "So here's a story, young one," she swallows in an annoyed manner, her young life-filled eyes staring into his grey ones that swirl with mischief, hints of a whirlwind called life running through them.

"A story about what?" she says, and he laughs, a deep laugh that reverberates through the lightly decorated room. A photo here, the telephone lying there. She frowns, and maybe the fact that she is of a young age clouds her judgement, for she thinks he's laughing like she is stupid. It seems as if children are always trying to be older, he thinks, though he does not share the thought with the child, but in fifty years or so she and many others will be wondering why they didn't slow down.

"Do you have a favourite film, child?" she nods sombrely, her warm brown eyes a reflection of hers, of eyes he knew so well. He thinks that the child is lucky. Lucky to have those eyes, eyes that seem to dance and sing and cry and show every emotion known to man. Packed in two tiny stars that fit her — he believes that eyes wouldn't fit on anyone else.

So yes, the child is lucky, because she is just like the woman he deemed to be the best one that walked the earth. Anyone would say that about the person they were in love with, but, like any other human with a working mind, he felt as if he was the only one lucky to fall in love with a woman like her.

Maybe, he was.

"The story is about a film — better that any one you have seen. It's called life," the child narrows her eyes, an accusatory look in her features, but nevertheless, he continues. "So what I wanted to tell you is the best part — the best part of it all."

————

—— FROM THE AUTHOR: so this is unedited so please tell me if there any mistakes because I will literally not seen them. It would be much appreciated. So yeah, here's to a new book. Clink, clink! Also, please bear with me, I'm trying my hardest, OK? The next chapter is coming soon, I promise!