~Jayfeather X Reader~|15|

Start from the beginning

  [Y/W/N]  and Jayfeather make it back to the camp. She lays down in the medicine den, stretching luxuriously.  She peers out of the brambles and sees a  gray and white striped cat padding away from Dovewing with his ears flattened and his tail drooped. What did she say to him? [Y/W/N]  looks over to Dovewing who has a sorry expression on her face. A cat who was said to be Ivypool pads up to Dovewing greets her and [Y/W/N]  looks away. She sees Jayfeather in front of her, his tail twitching impatiently. "I need to tell you something. You can rest later, this is important." "Okay." Seeing the uncertainty in his eyes, [Y/W/N]  begins to feel worried. There wasn't even this much doubt in his gaze when he told her about Hollyleaf's story of falling into the tunnels out of anguish of being half-clan, and when he stated he was too. She follows him out of the den again and he leads her into a deeper spot of the forest, that seemed snug but clear of trees. This is actually a really good spot. "I'm assuming you know what prophecies are, alright?" [Y/W/N]  gives a brief nod as he goes on. "I'm in one with Lionblaze and Dovewing. It all started when..."

At the end of Jayfeathers confession of the prophecy, he looks at [Y/W/N] expectantly. "Wow. I wasn't expecting that..." After saying that, [Y/W/N] hisses at herself in her head. For the first time, Jayfeather didn't look so confident; though he kept his chest puffed up and tried. "That's actually kind of cool, but you said it as if it would change my opinion on you, Jayfeather. You didn't have to say how it isn't your fault so much. I know it isn't." "You cant tell anyone. Only Dovewing, Hollyleaf and Lionblaze know. Firestar is catching on, too. Don't tell a single cat!" he hisses. "Alright." No wonder Lionblaze made up that bad excuse. They begin walking back to camp together, and have a peaceful day.

-Timeskip to when [Y/W/N]s injuries are better and shes back on warrior duties-

[Y/W/N] pads around the territories, as she was allowed to explore more. She and Jayfeather still talk regularly and hes still one of her closest friends. She hears a branch snap and cocks her head towards it, still walking. [Y/W/N] sees a plump mouse, but ignores it. While she was distracted, she falls into a steep tunnel. What the fox-dung? She picks up her paw trying to get out, but realizes she strained it. I don't need four paws to walk. She begins limping her way back up with all of the energy she has before she hears a voice. "Who's there?" [Y/W/N] immediately recognizes it as the voice that attacked... Or tried to attack the nursery. Idiot! If I get in another battle, Jayfeather is personally going to kill me himself. "I am. Whats your problem?" [Y/W/N] hisses back bravely. "I'm usually the only cat that comes down here, what do you think?" "Then let me continue trying to leave, thanks." [Y/W/N] continues hurling herself upwards. "I never said you had to leave." The cat begins grooming his paw like nothing bad was happening. Whats his deal? "Your point?" "I don't see anything wrong with being friends. You should know clan cats do meet up privately sometimes. You have experience." He looks mischievously at [Y/W/N]. She flinches and snaps around. "You little-" "Listen. I know you don't have many friends, I know you don't have any kin. You don't fit in here. I can change that." "I do too have friends!" [Y/W/N] snaps back. The tom sighs. "My name is Breezepelt. Meet me here again tonight and you'll see what its like to have a real friend." "Are you aiming that at Jayfeather you mangled ball of fur?" "What do you think? He is one of the reasons Crowfeather doesn't love me. That half-clan sorry excuse for a medicine cat!" [Y/W/N] fluffs out her fur and draws her lips back in a snarl. "Hes one of my closest friends. I don't know who Crowfeather is but I clearly can see why he doesn't love you." Breezepelt lets out a low growl, though he doesn't do anything more. His tail begins to twitch irritably. "If you actually want to fit in, just meet me here tonight." The way he said "Fit in" had a different tone to it than normal, as if he was hiding something. He leaps away to the other ends of the tunnels, and [Y/W/N] finishes hurling herself out. That totally took all of the energy I had in my body. 

-Timeskip-

[Y/W/N] managed to catch a squirrel, vole and a few plump mice even though she wasn't told to go hunting. She drops them at the fresh-kill pile, noticing the sun starting to set. [Y/W/N] takes her vole to the medicine cat den, where Jayfeather was massaging Briarlights back. "I caught this for you." She drops the vole next to him. "Thanks." [Y/W/N] pads back to the warriors den as the sun starts to set but she remembers something. Oh stars! I figure I should meet that mouse-brain and see what hes up to. I don't trust him for a mouse-tail. After all of the warriors are asleep... [Y/W/N]'s thoughts trail off as she sees warriors pouring into the den, tiredly tucking themselves into their nests. All of their breathing begins to slow, symbolizing they're asleep. [Y/W/N] carefully steps out of the den, peering through the almost air tight brambles of the medicine cat den. Jayfeather was stirring in his nest but would probably be sleeping in a matter of minutes. Briarlight and Leafpool were out like a light,  too. [Y/W/N] keeps herself low trying not to get any leaves to crunch and makes her way towards the tunnels. I wont fall this time, I wont fall... She carefully and gracefully makes her way down, surprising herself. A blur of dark fur tackles her to the ground though the cats claws were sheathed. Well, that was a change in mood. Breezepelt pins her to the ground with a playful glare smothered on his face. "Great Starclan! How much fresh-kill did you eat since I last saw you?" [Y/W/N] being under him bats at his now exposed stomach playfully. Breezepelt dramatically flops down onto his side. "You have defeated me," he pants, pretending to be out of breath. he begins rolling around the stone of the cave. "Tell my mother I love her!" He also hisses a silent "And only my mother" after that. With this [Y/W/N] almost snorts and she covers her muzzle with her paw. Breezepelt rolls himself back up and tries not to burst out laughing. "So you came." "Wouldn't it be rude if I didn't?" 

-Timeskip about two hours, the moon is still high.- 

Breezepelt and [Y/W/N] were both on their backs under a tunnel entrance, staring into the sky, panting after a lot of tackling and play fighting. (they were not mating I swear to you this is a jayfeather x reader keep your fur on). [Y/W/N] cant believe how her hatred for the tom faded away so easily once he showed his nicer side. "I told you I would show you how its like to have a friend." he puffs out. "Yeah... Y-You really do know some stuff," [Y/W/N] mutters. "Tomorrow night, same time?" "Sure."

Both cats return to their camp carefully after grooming themselves, sneaking back into the dens. [Y/W/N] drowsily lays down in her nest and falls asleep, not knowing a pair of both sad and angry, even slightly jealous blind eyes have been on her all this time.