Chapter 51

Scarlette's Pov

We move to the dance pit and I wrap my arms around his neck and he grabs my waist. What in the world am I doing? Never would I have thought that I would be sharing a dance with a boy that too in front of all these people. We move to the rythm of the song. It feels so nice and relaxing. We keep dancing and he occasionally whispers some jokes to which I giggle. I feel comfortable around him. Is it probably the wine's effect that I'm having? He looks so mysterious, just like Zac. He looks like a real gentleman but also so bad. I cannot read him at all. He stares into my eyes and I stare back into his. Suddenly, he starts leaning in but at this same moment, the lights switch on again.  We quickly back off and we head to the balcony.

"It was fun." he says while running a hand to his hair.

"Yes. I have enjoyed." I say while appreciating the light breeze. He takes off his overcoat and he envelopes it around me.

"Here. Don't want you to catch a cold." he says and I thank him. I appreciate his sweet gesture. We stand in silence while appreciating this peaceful moment.

"Hey." he says breaking the silence.

"Yes?" I say,

"I'm sorry." he says and I look at him. "I was about to kiss you."

"Oh.." I say pretending not to know. I could tell that he was about to when he started leaning in.

"I hope you aren't angry." he says and I shake my head.

"No, I'm not." I assure him.

"So, may I?" he asks while biting his lips to which I suddenly cannot control my ego and I accept. If Zac can kiss other people so can I!

He leans in and I close my eyes. His lips touch mine and we kiss slowly. Waiting to feel something, I keep on going with the kiss but I don't feel the electricity. It just doesn't feel right anymore so I break the kiss. He looks taken aback and I look shock. I can't believe I did that. It felt so wrong. It's nothing like his kiss. I didn't feel the tingles nor the butterflies.

"I- I'm sorry." I say and he smiles faintly.

"That's okay." He smiles. "Let's go inside, it's getting cold here." he says and I nod.

Zac's Pov

I look for her everywhere but in vain. She neither came in the English class nor in the Maths class. I went in the cafeteria to talk to her brunette friend but it seemed like she was more interested in flirting with me than telling me where Scarlette was.

"Any trace of her?" Max asks and I groan in denial.

"Well, did you atleast call her?" he asks while playing with his watch.

"Each time the number was fucking unavailable." I say, adjusting my cap.

"Maybe, she is busy?" he asks.

"That doesn't explain her absence for a week!" I literally yell.

"Yo, calm down man." Erik who is also here says. "Why are you looking for her anyway?" Good question! Why am I? I don't know.

"She took one of my sweater." I lie. "Otherwise, why would I look for her?"

"What are you gonna do?" Max asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"Hey Zac!" a high pitchy voice suddenly is heard behind me and I look around to find Isabella batting her eyelashes at me.

"Hey." I say, unwilling to chat with her. This is the problem with females! Becoming too clingy!

"Missed me?" she asks. I never miss anyone, she knows that.

"Did I ever say, I miss you?" I ask annoyingly. Yeah, I'm famous for my cocky attitude, don't mind that.

"Why so rude." she fake pouts and her mouth looks like a fucking duck.

"I'm not in the mood, go away." I tell her but she keeps insisting.

"Let's go somewhere else." she says clinging to me.

"Leave me alone." I say when I suddenly spot Sponge Bob.

"Hey!" Isabella shouts but I ignore her, heading towards him.

"Hey, do you know where is Scarlette?" I ask calmly.

"It's none of your business." he says angrily and I clench my fists.

"Tell me."

"Stay away from her!" he yells while pushing me and my cap falls down.

"What the fuck!" I exclaim while picking it up.

"You're nobody to her." he says while trying to knock me again.

I push him away unwanting to waste my energy on an asshole like him. He, however doesn't back away. What the hell does he want?

"That's all you got Stone? Fight me like a real man, you womaniser!" he shouts and I feel so fucking angry.

"Just shut the fuck up." I say and I'm about to leave when he turns me around and punches me. I cannot hold it anymore. I feel red. I see red. I need red. Nobody.Fucking.Touches.Me

I feel myself exploding. I punch him once, twice, thrice and I keep punching him as I take out all of my frustrations on him. He fights back. I can say that he is quite strong but still nothing compared to me. We keep fighting and the next thing I know is that Max and Erik are trying to separate us.

I grab Sponge Bob's collar and I threaten him,

"Where. the. fuck. is. Scarlette. ?" I say through gritted teeth.

"S-she is not here." is all he can say before he starts spitting blood out. I leave him there and I head outside with my friends following me.

"Wait up, You're bleeding man." Max says but I ignore him. I hop on my motor and start driving away.