Chapter 24

(Scarlette's POV)

I hug him tightly. God, I really missed him. He smells good as usual. I break the hug and take a look at him. He has changed into a very handsome man, not that he wasn't. But, I mean his face has gone sharper, his eyelashes are now longer, his dark brown eyes are glowing more than ever and he is much taller. His brown hair is now slicked back wavy. I can see that his body is built up now. He is wearing a white short sleeve polo shirt and black slim jeans and sneakers. He looks very handsome indeed.

"You okay?" he smiles at me, showing his perfect dimples. His smile still makes my heart flutters.

"I'm fine." I smile back.

"Okay, so won't you invite me in your room?" he teases.

"Oh yeah sorry, come in." I say and he enters. "Take a seat." I add pointing to the couch.

"So, it's been a long time huh." he says.

"Yeah, it's been. How are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm great, actually." he smiles at me and my heart flutters again. He was my first love. I mean, I always had a crush on him since we were small. However, since I had to move to Canada, we kind of lost contact. We were best friend. He used to hang out at my place everyday. If you are wondering about my parents, then they were the one who always wanted us to be together. They were very fond of Nico. His parents were friends with mine.

"Great. So what brings you here?"

"Actually, your parents suggested that I come to Canada. They said that if I like it then I would be living here onwards." he says and I hug him again.

"Ohh, that's great. But what about school? " I tell him.

"Yeah. About that, I'm going to enroll to yours." he says.

"Wow, i'm so happy!!" I exclaim.

"I'm glad you are." he smiles. "But I would like to know what happened some while ago." he says seriously.

"Oh hmm.. I kind of went to a party. So when i came home, I didn't expect to run into my parents." I say nervously. He observes me for a while and then speaks,

"No wonder, they are angry. I never thought that you would go to a party someday." he says and I don't respond.
Even, I never thought that I would ever attend some party and kiss some jerk.

"Yeah.. Anyway, where are you gonna stay?" I ask curiously.

"About that.." before he can continues, the door opens and I find my mother looking at us.

"So, what are you guys talking about?" my mom asks.

"Just greeting each other." Nico smiles.

"Okay kids. By the way we need to talk, Scarlette." she changes her tone and says to me in a disgusted way.

"Okay.." I reply.

"Nico, meet me downstairs, okay?" she again changes her tone and talks to Nico like she is the most polite person ever.

"Yes, Mrs Jennifer."

"Oh dear, I told you to call me only Jennifer." she says keeping her squeaky voice.

"Yeah, but it isn't quite respectful." he says.

"Oh my. Such a good boy you are. Anyways, I will talk with you guys later." With that, she closes the door.

"Your mom is still the same huh?" he says.

"Yeah.. still the most polite person ever." I say sarcastically.

"Anyway, I'll go see her downstairs. Talk to you later." he says while opening the door and he leaves.