9. gallagher blowout

lip and i were in the kitchen watching franny while debbie tried to get some work done for school

since they wouldn't let her continue going to school, they had to find a way for her to continue her studies from home.

"comes the hand o saurus climbing from your nose way down to your toes i got your toes." lip said playing with franny as i smiled at the two of them.

lip really was good with babies and it made me happy to know that i had picked the right guy that i could possible raise a family with one day.

"jeez... i suck at this." debbie said from the counter.

"what subject?" lip asked his little sister.

"english. personal essay based on the heros journey." debbie explained.

"oh! it's like college level. we didn't do that till freshman year." lip told debbie.

"yeah. this is so much harder than regular english. it's like they want us to fail. what the hell is a call to adventure?" debbie asked.

"that would be when you got pregnant." lip explained to her.

"oh! so where am i now?" debbie asked.

"resurrection. when the hero gets tested at home." lip replied.

"hmm. god, you're smart." debbie said.

"are you testing mommy? are you testing mommy? yes, you are. come here." lip said to franny before he picked her up and held her.

"i knew it wouldn't be easy, but everything terrifies me. sids, jaundice, germs, reflux. i keep a mirror by my bed and check her breath 10 times a night." debbie said.

"hey, there little one." i said smiling at franny.

"good god, it's cold out there. all right, we did pretty good today. hey, go change your clothes." frank told liam.

"oh! we get to touch her now?" frank asked.

"hey, you." frank said to franny.

"stop! you're filthy!" debbie told frank.

"have you talked to derek?" lip asked her.

derek was the father of the baby.

"not yet. i keep hoping he'll call." debbie replied.

"and what about his parents?" lip asked.

"yeah, i'm sure they'll answer your calls." i told her.

"no. they hate me. screw em." debbie replied.

"scandalous. what kind of a man turns his back on his family? what's thai right name again?" frank asked.

"delgado." debbie told her father.