Chapter 19: What am I?

I am back to Kia. Kia just smiles. His smile is so light and care free. I couldn't help myself, I just ran to Kia.Kia picks me up when I reach him. The embrace is so warm not just physically warm but mentally because he cares.

"Look on the table." Kia chatters quickly.

I look on the table to see a small box with a green bow. I walk to study the box more closely. Black velvet box looks expensive but that light green bow just sets it off even more.

"Go head open it." Kia encourages eagerly. I take the box gently in my hands. I slide the bow off easily and gently open the box with awe. In the box sits an ipod with a set of head phones.

I take it looking through the music. On the list is Monster by imagine dragons. I click play.

"You are not a monster." Kia states with a sigh.

"Then, what am I?" I ask without actually know or wanting an answer.

"I do not know but all I see is a beautiful, strong, independent  woman."Kia whispers in my ear.

Immediately, I begin to cry and down comes a thunder storm.

Kia takes the ipod and plays I'll be by Edwin McCain. Taking me by the hand, he starts twirling me around as if we are at a ball. Feeling like a little kid, I begin to smile again. The thunder stops, but the rain gently raps.

"Why are you still sad?" Kia questions me.

"I don't know what I am."I say unsteadily.

" It doesn't matter what you are. What matters is who you are. Jaz quit doubting everything."Kia says reassuring me.

I take that in with a slight sigh. Is what he says true?