Chapter 74

Fuck.

They were going to try to make you heal one of Hydra's bigwigs.

Morons.

You wondered how on Earth they thought you would actually heal someone in Hydra. They should've known better. Even if you were a healer with healer's instincts to heal anyone injured or sick in your vicinity, you still had standards. Not only standards, but you could control the instincts and you weren't just going to bow down and heal someone who had kidnapped you, chained you up, and had you tased with a fucking cattle prod just because he was sick.

No. Not sick.

Dying.

He was dying.

You couldn't quite tell from what, not without your powers back, and they weren't back yet, but you could sense that he was dying.

Especially with all the desperate measures he was taking to make sure you healed him. They weren't taking chances. They'd stolen you while you were weakened from healing Strange and about to lose your powers, they'd held you somewhere shielded from Loki somehow, kept you captive for days, and had brought you to the person you were supposed to heal before you got your powers back. You figured that they wanted you to be in the same room with him when your powers did return in the hopes that you would jump automatically into healing him.

A normal healing you might've.

You had no intention of healing this asshole.

He had no intention of letting you leave once you did heal him. There was really no incentive for you to heal him and all the incentive in the world for you to kill him quickly and painfully and get the fuck out of here.

You didn't want to know how they were going to try to force you to, though. Since you knew they were going to force you and you knew they had a plan. They had to in order to have successfully gotten this far.

So you had to come up with a better one.

And soon.

Your powers would be back at any moment and you wouldn't have much time once they had returned.

You looked around the room for inspiration, but there was nothing useful. The room was sterile and hospital-like. There was nothing but the bed and machines, and of course the chain from the bedpost to the manacle around your ankle.

And of course the man in the bed, but he was unhelpful with helping you escape for some reason.

So your mind whirled, trying to think of what to do to get out of here.

You came up with one very simple answer and blamed your wonderful fiancé for it:

Lie

You were going to lie your ass off.

And you were nearly grinning at the thought of tricking these assholes. Loki would be proud. And then come make sure the assholes were extra dead. And probably kill Joe's mom for you. Killing little old ladies was just outside of your comfort zone, even if she was in on this. You weren't convinced that she was acting of her own accord or really knew what she was doing.

Loki wouldn't care.

Plan ready, you glowered at Johan. "What makes you think I'm going to heal you?" You asked him. You might as well find out what his plan was while you were waiting for your powers to come back.

"Well, I had hoped that you would because you are a natural healer," he said pleasantly before he started coughing. What could cause the coughing that he was dying from?